Overall Purpose of job
The Product Team Placement Student will support the Product Team with analysis and insightful reporting on Kia’s model and future portfolio, focussing on activities linked to the new model launch process. This includes competitor analysis, measurement of Kia’s individual model performance and ad hoc projects to help the Product Team bring new cars to market.
Working closely with the wider Marketing team the Product Team Placement Student will support the generation and maintain the accuracy of Kia product data and product-related assets that are shared within KMUK, the dealer network and utilised in Communications materials to the public, in line with Kia’s overall strategy.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities for the role:
- Review and appraise the latest trends in the automotive industry
- Regular reporting and insightful analysis: e.g. sales volumes & mixes, profitability
- Research into and completion of market surveys
- In-depth checking of Communications materials / assets prior to publication
- Assist the Product Specialists in developing product and pricing proposals
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide innovative solutions to optimize internal and external processes
- Identify process gaps and process implementation planning
You’ll need to be flexible, quick to act and have an ability to turn your hand to more or less anything. You’ll be comfortable with managing several priorities at once and have a proactive, can-do attitude. Core to the support and development of the Product Marketing team, this role requires a high level of initiative, as well as attention to detail and a passion for product launches and an enthusiasm to benefit from a unique experience in the automotive industry. The team is hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated, so we’re looking for someone who will fit in with that. We’re a small team, with a lot to do, so if you’re ambitious and able to show initiative then you’ll get a lot out of the year. It’s not all hard work though! Kia is a large company but has a family-like atmosphere to it and we like to enjoy ourselves too! A full UK driving licence (although not necessarily a car) is required for this role.
- Analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Willingness to learn, show initiative and to be flexible
- Demonstrable passion to immerse yourself in product marketing
- Are enthusiastic to gain experience in the automotive industry
- You can think on your feet and love to use your initiative
- You like to speak your mind and ask questions
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload and absorb technical information
The company reserves the right to make amendments to this job description where business needs require.