This is a LEAD Position over a team of 3-5 other senior-java engineers working on the core Knetik Platform. The Knetik Platform is a BaaS providing the core technology stack for IOT projects, Smart Cities, Health Care platforms, Gaming platforms, and more. We are a dynamic and startup-oriented technology company while have the stability of a much larger and successful company that has acquired us.
The core platform engineer is part a team of highly skilled Java developers who envision, conceive and develop cutting edge services that power the majority of our product line. The candidate is required to have intimate knowledge of the various facets of enterprise software architecture as well as hands-on experience with the latest and greatest Java frameworks and database engines. Solid low-level programming skills will also be challenged to optimize hardware resources and troubleshoot performance issues in production systems in a timely manner.
Finally, devOps qualities and familiarity with server-less architecture will be a huge plus in your ability to form a vision of the scalability of the system as we grow our customer base. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, with a firm understanding of business objectives and a creative mindset who can drive the roadmap of the platform for years to come, both in quantity and quality.
Key Experience Required:
- 7+ years of back-end Java experience in a large scale environment
- 3+ years of experience with Spring
- 3+ years of experience in REST API design and development
- 6+ years of experience in database design, both RDBMS and NOSQL (MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, etc...)
- 2+ years of leadership position
- Test driven developer with analytical problem solving skills
- Development, Maintenance and Execution of Technical Specifications
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, specifically micro-services and SOA
- Knowledge of the JVM inner-workings
- Familiarity with server-less architecture
- AWS experienced preferred
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration processe
- Full Time Salaried Position
- Full Health and Dental Coverage
- Paid PTO
- Flexible Working Environment
- Your choice of computer platform; Windows/Mac/Linux