Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day is different? Are you wanting to push your current experience level and accelerate your skill set through self learning and “doing whatever it takes to figure it out in order get it done?” Does the idea of working in a startup environment with a room full of tech entrepreneurs all working on really cool things make you want to get out of bed in the morning? Then we may have the ideal opportunity for you!
This is a critical role in our organization and will present extensive opportunities to learn and support operations in multiple business arms as well as exposure to emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, and opportunities in the Entertainment/Film/TV sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Office Operations and Administration – Work closely with the CEO to ensure the efficient and smooth operations of Launch Academy office, variety of business segments and perform ad hoc duties where necessary
- Office management and supervision
- Maintaining and monitoring office security, network and infrastructure
- Supervision and liaison with partners and members working at Launch Academy
- Supervision and liaison with vendors and suppliers
- Research and analysis of a variety of different business opportunities
- Create and design various excel models and research tables
- Prepare and maintain expense reports and a variety of other accounting duties
- Prepare meeting materials, attend meetings, prepare meeting minute, and track action items
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure the efficient and smooth operations of a variety of business segments and perform ad hoc duties where necessary
- Supervise and lead various projects throughout operations of Launch Academy and affiliate organizations
Help with other tasks as needed! It is a small team and we all have our areas of interest and expertise but Launch Academy functions as a team and we support each other where ever we can!
If this sounds like your dream job please submit your resume and in your cover letter a link to a short unlisted YouTube video of yourself highlighting the following:
· Why do you want to work in the tech industry
· Why do you want to work at Launch Academy
· What sets Vancouver apart as a tech city
· What will you be adding to our team
· What skills and experience do you bring to the table that puts you ahead of other applicants
· Tell us something unique and interesting about yourself
· Anything else you think we should know about you and why we need you on our team?
Experience and Skill Set:
- A passion for the tech industry and working with entrepreneurs
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and/or Google Docs
What's in it for you?
- A competitive base salary
- Health benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- A beautiful, dog friendly office in Gastown
- Learning - a lot of learning! There’s no shortage of different projects to work on and opportunities to learn and practice new skill sets