Role : Process Engineering Manager
Your new company
LEO Pharma is a global foundation with a mission to improve lives by helping people achieve healthy skin. As a foundation, we are accountable primarily to our patients – which is why we in LEO Dublin, get such a great sense of purpose and reward from our work every day.
Our business is growing - through innovation and expansion of products. This means that we are now looking for a Permanent Process Engineering Manager to join a dynamic team that help improve our production processes.
Your new role
Based within the Dublin manufacturing facility, your role will be part of the Technical Services Unit, supporting a variety of key areas onsite. You will be working across cross-functional teams with a high-level of autonomy.
This position will report into the Technical Services Director.
Key Responsibilites include
Lead Technical Process Improvement Projects and initiatives that will drive increases in bulk capacity and increases in OEE across all manufacturing operations
ownership and use of process related data to drive further understanding and improvements across processes
Actively implement process improvements across all manufacturing operations
Actively work with manufacturing in leading the resolution of Technical deviations, ensuring effective countermeasures are implemented to ensure Quality and Compliance standards are constantly improved
Own all process engineering challenges, provide timely process engineering solutions
Participate in daily walkthroughs and visual management meetings
Support achievement of Site wide goals particularly Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Financial targets.
Ensures a responsive and committed culture is created to ensure rapid resolution of operation challenges and sound decision-making
Provides resources and works with all Manufacturing Business Units to manage the implementation of new or modified processes,
Actively manages team members to develop technical, leadership and managerial capabilities
Introduce new techniques and ideas.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Challenge non-compliant behaviour in a positive way and reinforce positive behaviour
- Use of problem solving tools in a collaborative manner
- Make timely decisions at the right level with the right data, and support them once made
- Set clear performance standards; overcome obstacles; hold the Process Engineering team and others accountable for achieving results
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry working in a Technical Engineering environment which includes experience in a Leadership role in an operations environment
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills
- Deep technical and scientific knowledge to drive process optimisation and robustness.
- Proven track record of delivering high performance through development and coaching of a team
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team of managers at site level
- Third level degree qualification preferably in Chemical / Process Engineering
- Preferably a Masters degree in Business or Operational Management
- Certified Lean six sigma Black Belt Qualification
The Process Engineering Manager must be:
- Passionate and enthusiastic in their way of working
- A professional with positive and proactive influencing skills
- a strong and proactive team player who thrives on working in a fast paced production environment
Why Join our team in LEO Dublin?
At LEO Pharma we are constantly evolving. People are our greatest asset and we offer a range of development experiences and opportunities to help you grow. As a Process Engineering Manager you will have the chance to learn within an organisation which is passionate about succeeding; you will have the opportunity to work and learn within a LEAN coaching culture.
In LEO we have a keen focus on improving employee engagement through a range of initiatives and benefits which include; a range of occupational health and wellbeing programmes, health and safety initiatives, educational development, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and creating the right work life balance.
Applications without a CV will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 30.05.18