QC Analyst Microbiology
Who We Are
Founded in 1908, LEO Pharma is an independent, research based pharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of people that live with dermatological and thrombotic conditions. Headquartered in Denmark, we employ 5,000 employees worldwide.
In 1987, LEO Pharma built a heparin purification plant at Little Island, Cork, which now employs 50 personnel. The LEO Pharma Group has invested heavily in the Cork site, which is one of two plants involved in the manufacture of Heparin ® API and innohep ® API which are high earning brands for LEO Pharma.
At LEO Pharma Cork, our vision is to be the preferred partner in Cancer Associated Thrombosis care management and to achieve this, we are focused on our mission of advancing the care of patients with Thrombosis. At LEO Cork, we know that the work we do ultimately saves lives.
At LEO Cork, we strive to create work environments that foster people management, development, engagement and collaboration, enabling us to build on LEO Pharma’s unique culture. Our people exhibit excellent teamwork and with a family like approach, are united in finding solutions. We provide our employees with the opportunity to increase the depth of their day to day responsibilities to enable flexible, cross functional, successful teams. At LEO Cork, we reward and recognise our people in a value adding way.
LEO Pharma Cork are currently recruiting a QC Analyst Microbiology to join our team. This is a 12 month contract position reporting to the Technical Analytical Services Manager.
- Analysis of qualification samples i.e. OQ/PQ
- Analysis of Process Validation samples
- Investigative testing
- Microbiological testing of in-process ,stability, intermediate and API samples
- Microbiological testing of water systems
- Environmental monitoring of processing areas
- Review of analytical data and logbooks
- Ensure testing is carried out in a timely manner to allow adherence with laboratory and shipping schedules
- Maintain cGMP in the laboratory
- Update SOPs/TMs/WIs
- Preparation of reports e.g. ILI/Investigation/Memo
- Instigation of Change Control/Deviations as required
- Trending of Analytical data
- Equipment maintenance and calibration
- Support Equipment validation i.e. IQ/OQ/PQ protocols both preparation and execution
- Support Method validation
- Purchasing laboratory supplies/Maintenance of laboratory stock system
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Training of new or existing QC analysts
- Participation in Lean activities on site
- Perform their duties in a safe manner by obeying the company EHSE rules
- Take care of the Environment by obeying the company EHSE rules
- 3 - 5 years’ microbiology experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Relevant third level qualification in a scientific discipline
- Dependability - being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization to leverage expertise from other functions and departments.
- Ability to work quickly, proactively and independently without close supervision.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated and have the ability to comprehend the extensive production operations and schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team and Help SARAH, we would love to hear from you.
LEO Pharma is an equal opportunities employer.
By sending your CV to LEO Pharma, you are consenting to the processing of your personal data, as outlined throughout our privacy statement. Please visit our website for more information.