Maintenance & Reliability Engineer
Who We Are
Founded in 1908, LEO Pharma is an independent, research based pharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of people that live with dermatological and thrombotic conditions. Headquartered in Denmark, we employ 5,000 employees worldwide.
In 1987, LEO Pharma built a heparin purification plant at Little Island, Cork, which now employs 50 personnel. The LEO Pharma Group has invested heavily in the Cork site, which is one of two plants involved in the manufacture of Heparin ® API and innohep ® API which are high earning brands for LEO Pharma.
At LEO Pharma Cork, our vision is to be the preferred partner in Cancer Associated Thrombosis care management and to achieve this, we are focused on our mission of advancing the care of patients with Thrombosis. At LEO Cork, we know that the work we do ultimately saves lives.
At LEO Cork, we strive to create work environments that foster people management, development, engagement and collaboration, enabling us to build on LEO Pharma’s unique culture. Our people exhibit excellent teamwork and with a family like approach, are united in finding solutions. We provide our employees with the opportunity to increase the depth of their day to day responsibilities to enable flexible, cross functional, successful teams. At LEO Cork, we reward and recognise our people in a value adding way.
LEO Pharma Cork are currently recruiting a Maintenance & Reliability Engineer to join our team. This is a 2 year contract position reporting to the Maintenance Lead and will be responsible for improving the medium to long term reliability, quality and operability of the plant by ensuring all maintenance systems are implemented and operated in an efficient and compliant manner with a focus on continuous improvement. The role will additionally hold responsibility for energy engineering projects on site.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the preventive/predictive maintenance process in pursuit of optimization and minimal failure rate.
- Use tools to track, analyse and trend data, perform calculations, communicate performance, predict remaining life and failure expectance and improve MTBF of equipment.
- Works in a team environment to investigate incidents relative to equipment failure, root cause analysis to develop and follow on recommendations including continuous challenge of the maintenance strategy in order to deliver the most efficient and effective performance.
- Initiate and make formal recommendations within Maintenance and to Operations for equipment repairs, replacement and/or improvement in equipment reliability to include budgeting preparation.
- Supporting the installation of equipment for optimum reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- Works with stores, suppliers and purchasing on spare parts and equipment issues.
- Track maintenance related plant downtime and prepare monthly and quarterly reports
- Ensure compliance with current industry best practices and GMP standards.
- Ensure maintenance and procedures are maintained in systems.
- Act as back up for permit issuing for contractors on site.
- Management of compliance documentation for suppliers and service providers.
- Provide and/or improve asset reliability and capacity of manufacturing process and utility equipment
- Conduct analysis of equipment history, process data, and Failure Modes Effect Analysis
- Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
- Review equipment reports from statutory inspections and take ownership for implementing corrective actions.
- Creation, monitoring and regular reporting of maintenance and reliability metrics.
- Responsible for energy improvement projects on site
- Act as site representative on the Global Energy Team
- Responsible for educating and raising awareness of Energy management policies, Energy reduction targets and to facilitate energy initiatives that deliver on energy consumption reduction targets
- Ensure site energy metrics are being met and takes corrective actions where required.
- 5 years’ + experience working in maintenance and reliability within a regulated GMP environment.
- Previous experience within the pharmaceutical/bio/MedTech/food industry
- Third level engineering/science qualification
- Demonstrated experience in improving maintenance systems and reducing equipment failure.
- Knowledge of Energy fundamentals and Energy management techniques and tools.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP compliance and Good Engineering Practices required
- Experienced user of PEMAC,SAP or similar system.
- Experience in root cause analysis and failure analysis of engineering and field issues
- Project Management skills would be an advantage.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Flexibility and time management skills essential.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Occasional travel may be required as part of this role.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team and Help SARAH, we would love to hear from you.
LEO Pharma is an equal opportunities employer.
By sending your CV to LEO Pharma, you are consenting to the processing of your personal data, as outlined throughout our privacy statement. Please visit our website for more information.