Temporary Pakaging Laboratory Technician
Applications are invited for the position of Temporary Laboratory Technician within the Laboratories.
Reporting to the Packaging Laboratory Supervisor the overall objective of the Laboratory Technician will be to perform testing and review of packaging components supporting a wide range of areas including QC release, validation, new product introduction, product development and investigational processes.
Testing will be performed in accordance with Laboratory procedures and work schedules, maintaining quality, safety and cost standards within planned delivery schedules.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Compliance with relevant Good Laboratory Practices with respect to hygiene, safety and
- work organisation.
- Adherence to all relevant Laboratory procedures as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor
- Sampling and control of quality control samples
- Incoming inspection of Packaging materials
- Accurate recording of results on worksheets and/or workbooks
- Involvement in out-of-specification investigations and analytical data checks
- Filing/archiving of Laboratory data
- Maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment
- Participation in internal and external audits
- Labelling of packaging materials
- Labelling of rejected materials
- Participation in packaging complaint follow ups and investigational work
- Supporting work relating to process validation, new product introduction and product
- Checking of work performed by other Technicians in the Packaging Laboratory.
The ideal person will have:
- A “ can do” attitude and genuine enthusiasm for driving improvements
- A positive mindset of Safety First
- A confident team player who can work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Applicants will possess a minimum of a third level qualification in a Science subject. Previous experience in a quality or production function within the pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- The successful candidate will be a demonstrated self-starter with excellent analytical, organisational, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Computer literacy is a must and a good basic understanding of computerised systems is required.
About LEO Pharma
Our mission is to help people achieve healthy skin. We pioneer dermatology by looking beyond today to constantly improve and extend what’s possible for the benefit of patients. We keep patients at the heart of everything we do.
We drive dermatology with our knowledge, collaboration and curiosity. We are at the forefront of science in developing new medicines for dermatology. As long as there is a patient out there needing our help, we carry on our mission.
As a foundation – owned company we have the independence and obligation to put patients first. The collective skills and efforts from everyone at LEO Pharma and our partners are the basis for our success. We continue on the path we’ve charted for more than 110 years, building, sharing and reinvesting in knowledge. Because we care and because we can.
Let’s pioneer together.
Closing date: 30/05/2019
LEO PHARMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER