LEO Pharma is recruiting a full-time, permanent Maintenance Supervisor for the Finished Goods Manufacturing Site in Dublin. This role will focus primarily on supporting the filling and packing areas but may also be required to support the filling and packing areas.
As Maintenance Supervisor you will provide leadership for the maintenance team, be involved in continuous improvement projects and troubleshoot any issues that may arise. You are an important member of the Technical Production Support team within the Technical Services department and will report to the Maintenance Manager.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Support the day-to-day running of the Topicals Packaging Business Unit (TPBU)
- Set and deliver challenging targets for the following performance metrics: downtime, schedule adherence, routing adherence, and deviations.
- Identify improvements in the work area. Implement best practice systems for improving performance against the metrics described above. This will include identifying key areas of downtime and putting corrective actions in place.
- Ensure CAPAs, Deviations and Change Controls are raised and followed through in accordance with the LQT system.
- Comply with Health & Safety, Environmental, cGMP regulations and company standards. Lead by example. Ensure that all work is to the highest standard and in compliance with all requirements i.e. Leo standards, FDA, cGMP, etc.
- Provide direction, guidance and leadership to the technicians within the Business Unit including planning their work.
- Integrate production and maintenance activities where possible and encourage and develop a cohesive, outcome-focused, high performing and highly motivated business team.
- Support the development, design, installation and qualification of new capital equipment so that TPBU receives a standard and reliable process that requires the minimum of support resources. Monitor and control the acquisition of new equipment and ensure that equipment types are standardised as much as possible.
- Provide validation documentation for any process changes made to the plan.
- Use the Maintenance Management System (PEMAC) to carry out routine work and to record breakdown work associate with equipment. Review reports from PEMAC and ensure that the preventive maintenance being carried out is relevant and performed in full and on time. Ensure that in the event of breakdown that remedial work is expedited and that follow-up actions are taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Attend training and further education programs where appropriate.
- Deal with all industrial relation issues in so far as possible at a local level and promote good industrial relations in the execution of the job.
- Ensure that Technical Production Support Manager and the Business Unit Managers are kept informed of significant developments within the area.
You possess an excellent cross functional and collaborative style and technical acumen enabling you to be a trusted partner to the Technical Services and TPBU teams. In this capacity, you are expected to work closely with the Technical Production Support team in driving and developing the maintenance standards at the Dublin Site.
You have a third level qualification (degree or higher) in Engineering or Science. A minimum of five years’ experience in a maintenance supervision role in a multi-national manufacturing organisation is essential.
Your problem solving, communication and stakeholder management skills enable you to build strong relationships in a complex and diversified organisation – and you have the courage it takes to address difficult issues and stand your ground when it is necessary. Ideally you have experience from the Pharma environment and your interpersonal skills enable you to navigate effectively across multiple change agendas on site.
Why join our team in LEO Dublin?
At LEO Pharma we are constantly evolving. People are our greatest asset and we offer a range of development experiences and opportunities to help you grow. As a Maintenance Manager you will have the chance to learn within an organisation which is passionate about succeeding; you will have the opportunity to work and learn within a LEAN coaching culture. You get an opportunity to be part of a transformation of a site. To be part of the story. To see first hand and participate fully in how to Transform. It’s about a fundamental change in how we all approach what we do here on site and we will all see change in our daily tasks.
In LEO we have a keen focus on improving employee engagement through a range of initiatives and benefits which include; a range of occupational health and wellbeing programs, health and safety initiatives, educational development, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and creating the right work life balance.
We look forward to meeting you!
Closing Date: 21/06/19
LEO PHARMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER