Life Credit Union is a member owned, community based financial organisation. Our members are at the core of everything we do. After all, our members are our owners.
Established in 1968, Life Credit Union is now one of the largest in Ireland, with more than 37,000 members, and assets of more than €150 million. Offering a range of ethical financial services, membership is open to anyone living or working in Naas, Maynooth, Newbridge and surrounding areas. Our main services are savings accounts and flexible loans for members.
As a Credit Union, we are different. The more members do business with us, the more we can give back to the community. We are a not-for-profit organisation, so the money we make goes directly back to our members. That’s what sets us apart from our competitors. That’s what makes us unique.
Every member of our team is dedicated to providing a professional, welcoming and efficient service to our members. We take great pride in our work, and in making sure that our members’ needs are met in the best way possible.
Life Credit Union are now recruiting for a Permanent Full -Time Member Service Officer position. The Member Service Officer will be responsible for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities that contribute to the effective running of the credit union.
The Member Service Officer/Admin is on the front line of service provision for Life Credit Union. Excellent Customer Service skills and attention to detail is a must in this role.
The position is Full - Time (37.5 hours p/week) and will include Saturday work.
The successful candidate must be available to work in any branch office; Main St, Naas; Main St, Maynooth; Main St, Newbridge; Monread Centre, Naas; or other such location as may be determined by the credit union within the common bond.
- Promoting the products and services of the Credit Union.
- Assist with:
- Managing the lending ‘pipeline’ process
- Managing phone/online/email lending related correspondence
- Dealing with member services transactions, such as cash transactions, account opening and operation.
- Dealing with front line and back office administration functions, including filing, data input and payment allocation.
- Balancing own batch on a daily basis.
- Processing and managing the workflow of loan applications
- Contribute to the achievement of branch targets on loan sales and member service metrics.
- Dealing with member queries, in person, telephone or online on any Credit Union related matter.
- Co-operation with manager in the development and/or implementation of new technology or services
- To be aware of and compliant with various procedures, legislation and regulations governing Credit Union operations.
- To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the manager.
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer Focused, with friendly and professional manner
- Ability to perform under pressure and work on own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Absolute commitment to customer service and employee engagement