Nursing Home Manager (Warrenpoint)
Job Ref: LLHC-P-HMW
Position: Permanent Nursing Home Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Type: Full Time & On-call Duties as and when required
Salary: Competitive Salary
*Permanent Nurse Manager Position Available*
Lucas Love Healthcare are working with a Care Home in Warrenpoint to recruit a full time permanent Nursing Home Manager.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Manager is responsible for the day to day organisation and administration of the nursing home at all levels and will lead a team of caring and ancillary staff in such a manner that upholds the rights of older people.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To take responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the Home and its service and being available to staff on an on call basis for emergencies.
- Deputise where required for the Managing Director.
- To carry out a needs assessment of residents for admission to the home. This will involve visiting perspective clients in their own homes, other Nursing Homes or Hospitals.
- To assist in the development and implementation of other services
- Ensure that clinical and nursing procedures are carried out correctly at all times.
- Ensure that standards of care are devised and implemented in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Accurate maintenance of all records and updating of same within the context of confidentiality.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and appropriate skill mix over each span of duty.
- Maintain duty-rotas and on-call rotas as required.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of all staff.
- Participate in the induction, training, monitoring and on- going training of all staff.
- Prepare an annual audit of all equipment in the Home.
- To keep informed of up to date developments within the Trust, giving particular priority to nursing care and the management of a nursing home.
- Management of the allocated budget and resources within the home.
These key responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of duties, only a general guide to the post. In consultation with the company and the Manager the duties may change from time to time to enhance the service.
- A minimum first level nursing qualification, with five years post qualification nursing experience (preferably with two of those years in care of the elderly)
- Hold a current NMC registration.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience of managing a nursing or residential home.
- A proven ability to manage staff
- Excellent leadership skills, good communication skills and an ability to promote the home
- Excellent time management skills
- Current driving licence and use of a car.
- A recognised management qualification (NVQ Level 5 or equivalent).
- Hold a Moving and Handling trainers’ certificate.
- Recognised trainers’ certificate relevant to nursing homes.
- Excellent Salary Package
- 7 weeks Annual Leave
- Private Health Insurance
If this is something that you, or someone you know are interested in please contact us on 028 9066 8035, or additionally, email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org