Permanent Staff Nurse (Newtownabbey)
Job Ref: LLHC-P-RNN
Position: Permanent Staff Nurse
Reports To: Nurse Manager / Nurse-In-Charge
Type: Full Time
Salary: £18 / Hour
*Permanent Staff Nurse Position Available*
Lucas Love Healthcare are working with a Care Home in Newtownabbey to recruit a full time permanent Staff Nurse.
ROLE PURPOSE: To be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care in our Homes and to ensure that all resident care is of the highest possible standard. The post holder will be expected to take Management responsibility, as and when required, in the absence of the Nurse Manager and/or the Senior Nurse.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Co-operate and work in conjunction with other staff, professionals, and agencies providing services, and to facilitate a high standard of resident care.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document same, in accordance with the Company’s procedures, NMC and RQIA guidelines.
- Provide guidance and supervision, and to monitor arrangements for the administration of medicines by non-nursing staff.
- Ensure that resident care plans and all relevant assessments are completed, maintained and reviewed in conjunction with residents, relatives and other health care professionals, and in accordance with NMC and RQIA guidelines, and Company policy.
- Establish and maintain good communication with residents, relatives and with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Prepare reports for, and participate in, care review and multi-disciplinary meetings as required.
- Ensure the safe keeping of residents’ monies and personal possessions within all areas of responsibility, in accordance with internal and RQIA guidelines and regulations.
These key responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of duties, only a general guide to the post. In consultation with the company and the Manager the duties may change from time to time to enhance the service.
- Current registration with the NMC.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant client group
- Satisfactory Enhanced Access NI check
- Previous experience of working with the relevant client group
- Previous supervisory experience
If this is something that you, or someone you know are interested in please contact us on 028 9066 8035, or additionally, email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org