Resort: Whitbarrow - The Lake District, Penrith
Resort Footage: https://vimeo.com/250764076
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Hours: Full time, 5 days a week on rota basis, including weekends and Bank Holidays
Whitbarrow are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Groundsman to join their dynamic team. With 100 self-catering lodges and apartments plus 25 luxurious hotel suites just a short distance from both Ullswater and Derwentwater, this is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves to deliver amazing guest experiences and ensure that our guests enjoy fabulous breaks in the Lake District.
Answering to the Head Groundsman, main duties include but are not limited to:
- The general upkeep and presentation of all outdoor areas across the resort, including guest patios, driveway etc
- Maintaining the gardens and grassed areas across the resort, enhancing their appearance for the guests
- To check, in accordance with site policy, the refuse areas, ensuring that bins are emptied and areas kept free of rubbish
- To regularly check drains and gutters are free of debris and leaves that would obstruct free flowing drainage
- To check all outdoor equipment for compliance with Health and Safety rules on a weekly basis, reporting any issues to the Head Groundsman
- To follow all Health and Safety laws regarding any equipment that may be used as part of your role
- To comply with all Health and Safety Policies outlined in Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments
The successful candidate will need to be ‘Culture Fit’ for our business and support the main three drivers of our success:
1. Customer Service
Delivering amazing experiences for guests and owners by supporting our team in line with our culture and values
2. Team Engagement
We strive for highly engaged teams at all of our properties
3. Revenue & Return
Support the wider team to deliver strong revenue and effectively manage resource.
Candidates must have a strong can-do attitude and a desire to succeed.
Essential criteria of a successful applicant:
Previous groundsman/gardener experience.
Excellent time management and organisational skills.
An ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative.
Strong team working skills.
A full clean driving licence.