RESORT: Brunston, Ayrshire
POSITION: Head Housekeeper
RELATIONSHIPS: Responsible to the Resort Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours (5 days over a 7 day period)
OBJECTIVE: To ensure effective and safe operation of the Housekeeping Department in achieving high standards of cleanliness and production presentation in all areas of the resort.
Set in 25 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in the peaceful Girvan Valley, Brunston has everything staycation traveller needs for an indulgent holiday or short break in Ayrshire. We are looking for an experienced Head Housekeeper to manage our Housekeeping department, playing a critical role to ensure that our luxury lodges are kept to the high standards we pride ourselves upon.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Consistently achieve the standards of cleanliness, product presentation and customer care in all lodges, public areas to create a warm, friendly and comfortable environment.
- To oversee the whole housekeeping operations within Brunston.
- To ensure correct staffing levels in line with business demands and budgets.
- Ensures responsibility for all department keys and follows key procedure at all times.
- Ensures that an appropriate level of security is maintained in all areas to create a safe environment for guests and employees.
- To react and deliver guests requests
- To supervise and direct all housekeeping team members ensuring the highest standards are achieved at all times.
- To inspect lodges, public areas on a regular basis, to ensure that furnishings, facilities and equipment are clean and in good repair, well maintained and replaced/refurbished as required.
- To prioritise team members workloads in line with room allocations and budgets
- Performs all duties relating to opening and closing of the housekeeping department.
- To handle any guest complaints or problems promptly and ensure all resolved or unresolved incidents are reported to General Manager.
- Ensures that all equipment and cleaning supplies are used in accordance with COSHH to ensure employee safety.
- To ensure staff are up to date with housekeeping S.O.P manual
- To adhere to lost property procedure, and follow up enquires.
- To interact with suppliers and contractors ensuring that the resort receives the best service at all times.
- To implement and monitor job of the day, weekly and periodic cleaning tasks.
- To report daily maintenance issues and monitor long term maintenance issues.
- Ensures correct timekeeping and documentation throughout the department.
- To oversee all aspects on linen procedures.
- Communicates effectively with other departments
- To be responsible for all own personal belongings that you bring into the resort, in accordance with staff handbook
- To be willing to help in other departments wherever possible and understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks within the resort as requested by the management team.
** Applicants must live in a suitable & commutable location for the resort **
**Applicants must have at least two years experience within the same/similar role**
If you are interested in this position then send us a copy of your CV today, we’d love to hear from you!