As a wholly owned subsidiary of Monaghan Mushrooms, MBIO houses all the Biotechnology and R&D capabilities of the Monaghan Mushroom group.
MBIO uses biotechnology to naturally enhance and unlock the mushroom’s unique stream of vegan nutrients. MBIO has already developed a range of nutritionally enhanced mushrooms including Vit D, B12, Selenium and has a pipeline of future nutrient enhanced mushrooms under development.
These nutrient enhanced mushrooms directly feed the creation of a suite of nutrition and functional ingredients for supply to the nutraceutical, food and beverage markets.
MBIO has dedicated access to a world class feedstock which will position MBIO as a global leader.
The Production Technician is a key role in Monaghan Biosciences. Reporting to the Production Co-ordinator the role will be essential in the production of dried powders derived from the mushroom.
- To set up and optimise a process to manufacture powder derived from mushrooms.
- To oversee the production of mushroom powder from the raw mushroom food stock to the end mushroom powder product. Involvement in full end to end process
- Preparation of mushrooms prior to slicing for processing
- Operation of various computer systems as required
- Work towards improving efficiencies of new processes.
- Adherence to strict quality control standards.
- Packaging of powder while complying with the Company’s Food Safety Policy and all other associated legal and customer requirements
- Maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
- Ensure all machinery is cleaned at the end of the day
Competencies to perform the role:
- General skills and satisfactory competencies in administration, communication and basic laboratory analysis are needed to perform the role adequately.
- Excellent organisation skills to carry out the assigned tasks according to the relevant standards in a timely fashion.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with line managers and other members of the company. This communication must be done with integrity and respect and according to the Monaghan Biosciences general code of conduct.
- Ability to work within strict operating guidelines and deadlines
Experience and Qualifications
- Leaving certificate or equivalent
- Production or food handling experience preferable
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- The Production Operative is expected to be motivated, collaborative, driven, goal orientated and systematic / well organised.
- The Operative must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.