MSL Cork is a principal dealer for Mercedes-Benz in Ireland and Cork’s only dedicated Mercedes-Benz dealership. We have an esteemed reputation for meeting and exceeding the highest level of standards within the Mercedes-Benz brand. It is our driven and fulfilled staff that lies at the core of our accomplishment.
We currently have a vacancy for a Sales Manager to join our team located in Eastgate Business Park, Little Island.
Key duties & Responsibilities;
- Realise the potential of one of Ireland’s leading Mercedes-Benz Dealerships. Meeting and exceeding sales targets for both new and used Mercedes-Benz in combination with a high calibre sales team.
- To sell the maximum number of new and used Mercedes-Benz via the use of an effective sales process, whilst at the same time achieve the best profit for the Dealership.
- Maintain showroom and exterior displays to the highest standards as required by the Mercedes-Benz brand.
- Using various sources, to prospect for new and used car clients on a regular basis to create additional sales opportunities.
- Ensure sales team introduce customers to Aftersales staff in order that they are aware of the facilities and procedures.
- Stock management of both new and used vehicles and ensuring the optimum rate of stock turn is achieved at all time.
- New vehicle ordering management, ensuring that the correct model mix and specification is selected for our market and region.
- Responsibility for all trade transactions ensuring full transparency and profit optimisation.
- Monitor and maintain an accurate appraisal process for all vehicles offered for part exchange.
- Manage the preparation and handover process of sold vehicles to clients.
- Working with sales team to execute an effect follow up process and maintain regular contact with all new and existing clients to ensure that relationships preserved.
- Develop, maintain and implement a training programme for sales team and front of house teams.
- Ensure all customer information, sales activities, vehicle documentation and other relevant information is kept and maintained accurately and comprehensively.
- To increase awareness of MSL Cork and the Mercedes-Benz Brand through innovative and promotional initiatives.
- Maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and build rapport with existing and new customers.
- Maintain and enhance Manufacturer Relationship at all times.
- Lead, coach and mentor the Sales Teams on an ongoing basis.
- Develop, consistently monitor, and adjust sales goals to achieve the dealerships and franchise objectives.
- Performance manage sales team to ensure they are consistently meeting and exceed sales target and goals.
- Analyses market and franchise data to develop growth plan and identify areas of opportunity.
- Work closely with General Manager and Branch Accountant to progress and implement effective cost control policies.
- Develop with the General Manager a franchise plan which consistently evaluates performance to develop methods for improving performance.
The successful candidate will ideally;
- Have financial and commercial acumen.
- Monitor department performance against Group and Manufacturer KPI’s, targets and budgets.
- Highly motivated and self-driven individual who will lead by example.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver strong and persuasive sales & aftersales presentations.
- Strong skill in closing deals and turning enquiries into sales.
- Ability to negotiate objections with credibility and authority.
- Be able to develop, organise and implement successful marketing events and campaigns in conjunction with the Marketing Department.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectation, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.