Job Purpose: The role of the Sales Manager is to successfully drive New Business and continue growth in existing accounts on the East Coast of the U.S. The Sales Manager will further develop the presence of Nomad Digital in the Freight Industry in the USA, whilst also growing our traditional passenger business opportunities. The Sales Manager is the primary point of contact and accountability for the client relationship, contract, financial performance, end-to-end service delivery, service excellence, client satisfaction and business growth planning and execution
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive new business opportunities, through identification, development, negotiation and closure of new opportunities in a defined vertical market for the East Coast and in conjunction with the West Coast Sales Manager.
- Grow optimal revenue from a defined list of existing Nomad Digital Accounts
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the relationship with clients.
- Evangelize about Nomad Digital technologies.
- Keep the customers cognizant of the Nomad Digital roadmap at all times.
- Provide resolution of account issues, including end-to-end service delivery and overdue resolution.
- Provide resolution of account issues with respect to quality and/or development requirements and organize resolution in close contact with Product and OM teams.
- Create and maintain territory sales plan/account plans for new and existing strategic customers.
- Identify and develop strategies to drive incremental business, including tactical marketing activities.
- Produce high quality proposals in collaboration with the Bid support team and in line with the bid process. Ensure compliance with Nomad Digital sales processes.
- Lead contract negotiations.
- Collaborate with the Delivery function to ensure the smooth transition of projects from Sales to Delivery, supporting Project Managers on client management issues.
- Provide feedback on product and service requests from the customer into the Product and OM teams.
- Produce comprehensive and accurate monthly reports.
- Update the sales pipeline on a regular basis (minimum on a weekly basis), using the company tools.
Experience and Qualification requirements:
- Engineering/technical background and acumen
- A deep understanding of wireless technologies and the impact of ICT on transport industries
- Strong knowledge of the Freight industry with established relationships in these industries.
- Working knowledge and deep understanding of the people, products, services and solutions that are most important to Freight and Passenger Operating Companies. Insights into emerging players, technologies and key trends in ICT for the Freight and Passenger Industry.
- Ability to think in a strategic manner then formulate and advise sales strategies based on events and developments during the sales process.
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor degree in electronics or electrical engineering or equivalent training/experience (desirable)
- Minimum 10 years of complex solution selling sales experience in the Freight sector. ICT experience, and/or other technology solutions experience.
- New Business - strong proven ability to lead in a New Business and Account Management situation, driving deals to closure, including leading proposals and participating in contract negotiations and following through to ensure delivery takes place appropriately and relationship with customer is maintained long term.
- Experience in and evidence of strong partner management skills including inter-divisional, external business partner and supplier management skills.
- Ground transportation industry Project/Program/Budgetary Management – A strong background and proven track record in the construction and management of complex large scale projects/programs/budgets for rail industry to or within large institutions.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to foster Strong Customer Relationship
- Ability to think proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask effectively ensuring timelines are met
- Some experience of investigating and advising on less complex and non-contentious employee relations cases.
- Experience of dealing with the needs of a diverse workforce, including a range of skills and roles.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in pressurized situations
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work to set deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. These duties may be modified and updated by the Employer from time to time following agreement with the Employee. The Employee also agrees to perform all other reasonable duties and comply with reasonable instructions issued by the Employer. You must be authorized to work in the United States