Nomad Digital are currently recruiting for a Linux Networking & Virtualisation Engineer to be part of our global R&D team. The role will focus on designing the next generation backend for the connected train.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate to the development the next generation backend for the connected trains
- Design and implement a scalable, resilient and high-performance backend architecture
- Work in close coordination with the other team members (in two sites, Belgium and England)
- Work in close coordination with the sysadmin team in charge of deploying and maintaining the solution
- Closely interact with the internal customers to develop the features that best fit with their workflow processes
- Work in an Agile environment (bi-weekly scrum meetings, JIRA ticket-based activity...)
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong IP Networking skills
- Strong Knowledge of virtualisation, with focus on VMWare
- Knowledge of open source software components
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix
- Programming and scripting skills
- Experience with configuration management tools such as puppet and ansible
- Engineering degree where most of the above technologies will have been learned
- Either professional experience and proven track record of achieving similar development or first professional position after an excellent engineering formation and willingness to learn and apply advanced technologies
- Strong engineering mindset (eagerness to solve complex technical problems with elegant solutions)
- Sense of quality and futureproofness of developments
- Ability to work in a team with multi-sites members
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Customer oriented mindset: co-design with end-users of the product
About Nomad Digital
Nomad Digital is the world's leading provider of passenger and fleet connectivity solutions to the railway industry. Founded in 2002, and headquartered in the UK, currently serving more than 80+ global customers - in more than 40 countries - Nomad designs, builds, deploys and manages passenger Wi-Fi and on-board passenger infotainment systems. Nomad also provides remote online condition-based monitoring and maintenance solutions for optimising fleet management, operational performance and improving fuel economy.
Why Join Nomad Digital?
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that fosters career growth in a challenging, technical and international environment, across a broad domain of technologies. You will be providing Wi-Fi to thousands of people and have the advantage of working very close to the user.
We offer a highly competitive salary & benefit package for this role.