Nomad Digital are currently recruiting for a Technical Project Manager to be part of our global R&D team. The role will manage a set of R&D programs, most of which will be customer programs, others will be related to product development.
- Manage a set of R&D programs, mostly customer-related activities
- Coordinate all technical tasks with the customer account team and project managers and internally with R&D to deliver customer projects
- Organise and Manage all project-related technical and project-related documentation to allow efficient coordination of R&D work
- When relevant, perform hands-on work with moderate technicality to support the project (write technical documents, contribute to the architecture work, to the technical specifications, possibly do some on-site testing or some performance reporting)
- Coordinate R&D contributors, account project managers and engineers and customer technical teams
- Deliver the project in due time within the agreed upon budget
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Technical project management
- Customer project management
- Good technical understanding of the main R&D activities (with a good enough level to understand, manage and at least partially control and contribute) or capability to rapidly learn enough of it
o Software development
o Telecommunication technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, cellular, wifi)
o Cloud-based infrastructure
o Reporting tools (Excel, Tableau, Nomad’s tools)
o Computer architecture, switches, access points
- Understand (or rapidly assimilate) the constraints of on-train environment for installation, maintenance, operations
- Capability to coordinate people of different teams and profiles
- Ability to understand customer requirements and to interact with customers
- A first experience of Technical Project Management is preferred, but can be a first work experience if excellent knowledge, skills and diploma
- Ability to coordinate tasks, to coordinate people in multiple remote teams
- Efficiency and capability to perform hand-on work as needed to secure project success
- Ability to work in a team with multi-sites members
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Customer oriented mindset
About Nomad Digital
Nomad Digital is the world's leading provider of passenger and fleet connectivity solutions to the railway industry. Founded in 2002, and headquartered in the UK, currently serving more than 80+ global customers - in more than 40 countries - Nomad designs, builds, deploys and manages passenger Wi-Fi and on-board passenger infotainment systems. Nomad also provides remote online condition-based monitoring and maintenance solutions for optimising fleet management, operational performance and improving fuel economy.
Why Join Nomad Digital?
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that fosters career growth in a challenging, technical and international environment, across a broad domain of technologies. You will be providing Wi-Fi to thousands of people and have the advantage of working very close to the user.
We offer a highly competitive salary & benefit package for this role.