Nomad Digital are currently recruiting for a Team Leader, R&D to oversee the Newcastle R&D team as well as working as part of the global department. This role is responsible for technically managing the Newcastle R&D team to foster high quality R&D work and to contribute to the development by participating in some development activities.
- Manage the R&D team at Newcastle who develops software for:
- high performance train-to-ground connectivity
- the Network Management System
- data center on train solutions (containerization, virtualization)
- Implement a high quality culture at all stages of development, from inception to production:
- algorithm definition, software architecture, implementation, performance, reliability
- Hands-on activity: develop some key components of the solution
- Be a technology driving force: propose state-of-the art technologies, algorithms, tools,..
- Coordinate with the other team leaders in a multi-site, distributed R&D organization:
- scrum teams may be split across multiple sites and report
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Strong experience of high quality software development
- Ideally, strong experience of telecommunication software development, virtualization and containerization technologies
- Strong programming skills. Golang, C/C++, java, linux scripting
- If some of these languages are not mastered, capability to rapidly learn them as needed
- Strong Linux skills especially for networking
- TCP/IP Networking skills
- VMware, Docker knowledge
- Puppet, ansible
- Agile methods
- English a must, Dutch/French a nice to have
- Engineering degree where most of the above technologies will have been learned
- Professional experience and proven track record of achieving similar developments
Management of developers teams
- Strong engineering mindset (design quality, futureproofness of solution, efficiency of development)
- Management of a team of developers
- Design high quality and futureproof solution
- Apply ISO9001 quality standards
- Ability to work in a team with multi-sites members
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Customer oriented mindset: co-design with end-users of the product
About Nomad Digital
Nomad Digital is the world's leading provider of passenger and fleet connectivity solutions to the railway industry. Founded in 2002, and headquartered in the UK, currently serving more than 80+ global customers - in more than 40 countries - Nomad designs, builds, deploys and manages passenger Wi-Fi and on-board passenger infotainment systems. Nomad also provides remote online condition-based monitoring and maintenance solutions for optimising fleet management, operational performance and improving fuel economy.
Why Join Nomad Digital?
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that fosters career growth in a challenging, technical and international environment, across a broad domain of technologies. You will be providing Wi-Fi to thousands of people and have the advantage of working very close to the user.
We offer a highly competitive salary & benefit package for this role.