Nomad Digital are currently recruiting for a Data Architect to be part of our global R&D team. The role will contributing to the development and design of the next generation connectivity technology for the Connected Train and is responsible for implementing a high performance, futureproof and economical big data infrastructure for all data gathered for connected train fleets.
- Rationalize the suite of databases used by Nomad Rail for the connected train
- Implement a reference data dictionary
- Define the best database solution to manage large amounts of data and be able to provide very fast reports
- Implement a scalable database ecosystem
- Integrate the database access to the various monitoring and reporting tools
- Work in close coordination with the other team members (in three sites, Belgium, England and Germany) and with the Alstom group
- Closely interact with the internal customers to develop the features that best fit with their workflow processes
- Work in an Agile environment (bi-weekly scrum meetings, JIRA ticket-based activity,..)
Qualification & Education Requirements
- Strong RDBMS skills, focus on MySQL/MariaDB
- NoSQL database skills
- Experience with large TB+ databases
- Big Data knowledge
- Knowledge of virtualization, with focus on VMWare
- Good working knowledge of IP networks, DNS, etc.
- Good knowledge of Linux, focus on Ubuntu
- Programming and scripting skills
- Experience with configuration management tools such as puppet and ansible
- English a must, Dutch/French a nice to have
- Engineering degree where most of the above technologies will have been learned
- Either professional experience and proven track record of achieving similar developments
- Or can be the first professional position after an excellent engineering formation and willingness to learn and apply advanced technologies
- Excellent engineering skills (design well-thought and futureproof architectures and algorithms)
- Ability to work in a team with multi-sites members
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Customer oriented mindset: co-design with end-users of the product
About Nomad Digital
Nomad Digital is the world's leading provider of passenger and fleet connectivity solutions to the railway industry. Founded in 2002, and headquartered in the UK, currently serving more than 80+ global customers - in more than 40 countries - Nomad designs, builds, deploys and manages passenger Wi-Fi and on-board passenger infotainment systems. Nomad also provides remote online condition-based monitoring and maintenance solutions for optimising fleet management, operational performance and improving fuel economy.
Why Join Nomad Digital?
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that fosters career growth in a challenging, technical and international environment, across a broad domain of technologies. You will contribute to providing Wi-Fi to thousands of people globally and will have the advantage of working very closely to the user.
We offer a highly competitive salary & benefit package for this role.