5 X Development Engineers (Java/Python)
We are currently seeking 5x experienced Development Engineer's (Java/Python) to join our expanding R&D division. These role will participate in the development of Nomad’s communication and onboard data center platforms.
About Nomad Digital
Nomad Digital is the world's leading provider of passenger and fleet connectivity solutions to the railway industry. Founded in 2002, and headquartered in the UK, currently serving more than 80+ global customers - in more than 40 countries - Nomad designs, builds, deploys and manages passenger Wi-Fi and on-board passenger infotainment systems. Nomad also provides remote online condition-based monitoring and maintenance solutions for optimising fleet management, operational performance and improving fuel economy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Participate in the development of on-board and data center applications for the Connected Train
· Maintain the on-board system through use of configuration management tools like Puppet
· Manage software deployments to large fleets of trains
· Work in close coordination with the other team members in Belgium and in the UK
· Closely interact with internal customers to develop the features that best fit their workflow processes
· Work in an Agile environment (bi-weekly scrum meetings, JIRA ticket-based activity)
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
· Either professional experience and proven track record of achieving similar developments; or can be the first professional position after an excellent engineering formation and willingness to learn and apply advanced technologies.
· Proven track record of professional experience developing software
· Programming and scripting skills (Java, Python, C, Bash)
· Good knowledge of Linux, focus on Debian and Ubuntu
· Good working knowledge of IP networks, DNS, etc.
· Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
· English a must, Dutch/French a nice to have
· Engineering degree where most of the above technologies will have been learned
Other Essential Requirements:
· Travel Required: YES 10%
· Excellent engineering skills (design well-thought and futureproof architectures and algorithms)
· Ability to work in a team with multi-sites members
· Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
· Customer oriented mindset: co-design with end-users of the product