Launched in 2011, NorthRow is the only comprehensive risk scoring platform that can handle complex multi-source fraud detection and compliance checks at high speed. We enable our clients to manage the complexity of onboarding and monitoring customers, checking people, companies and ID documents simultaneously. We perform automated AML & KYC checks on people, companies & ID documents, to help our clients optimise their business processes, reduce risk and to help ensure compliance
Based in offices in Milton Park, South Oxfordshire and Shoreditch, London, this ambitious scale-up has doubled in size in each of the last 4 years and is set to continue to grow at a rapid pace.
About the Role
The role of Business Development Manager is pivotal to our success, and the successful candidate will need to meet and exceed the following:
- Achieve both your quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives in a manner which is consistent with a senior sales executive.
- Take ownership and manage all areas of the business relationships between NorthRow (NR) and your nominated Target Accounts, whilst providing support and guidance to the rest of the company for business improvement/development.
- Develop senior level exec (NR) to Exec (customer C+) relationships, with an agenda to establish NorthRow as a “trusted advisor.”
- Execute on a “target account/business planning” process that delivers a robust account strategy supported and influenced by the virtual NorthRow team.
- Develop a deep understanding of both the customer and competitive landscape, enabling a business dialogue to be conducted with C level contacts, in a manner and language that clearly demonstrates a high level of competence in these areas.
- Identify and build on relationships with the principle Influencers and channel partners who can affect your current/future business, this should be done in conjunction with the Head of Sales and be fully documented within the account plan.
- Develop a sustainable level of business with each of your nominated customers that has the potential to exceed £100K pa.
- All deals that are forecast within month/quarter should have the appropriate “deal” process applied using SFDC, and that forecast accuracy is maintained using the sales probability stages in SFDC.
- Provide accurate and timely forecast such that the data contained within SFDC accurately reflects your current monthly and quarterly position and outlook for following Quarter, with sufficient information to allow both the virtual and senior management team the ability to look at deals without the need for reference.
- Complete and manage by instance the “Opportunity Assessment” document for each enterprise deal (12 month min contract), post in SFDC for review.
- Represent NorthRow at appropriate external events either in a speaking capacity or host to both internal and external customers where required.
- Provide a comprehensive customer meeting briefing report that does not need interpretation allowing executives to be able to deliver the required messaging, post on SFDC.
- Represent NorthRow in a professional manner at all times, observing decent standards of dress and behaviour on all occasions.
- You must have the ability to network effectively within the sector, and demonstrate that your contacts have proven successful in supporting your account objectives and goals.
- Contribute to the development of our marketing, business development, support and engineering areas ensuring that your experience and knowledge are shared with these areas and fully aligned.
- Develop, maintain and share a Customer Account Plan for your top 5 Strategic target accounts, ensure these are current, factual and easily accessible by the virtual team.
- Attend appropriate training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
Manage successful sales cycles by:
- Understanding NorthRow’s competition.
- Generating leads in target accounts by prospecting and through liaison with Customer Success and Marketing.
- Regularly meeting with prospects to understand their businesses, and generate demand for NorthRow subscription licences and related services.
- Producing compelling proposals as required.
- Forecasting accurately within Salesforce.com.
- Manage the sales cycle by involving the NorthRow eco-system and providing absolute focus on winning deals.
- Negotiating and closing contracts.
- Keeping up to date on developments within the chosen sector.
- Ensuring sufficient personal activity is maintained in terms of Prospect facing meetings, general prospecting and cold calls in line with company published goals.
- Escalate any issues and concerns that could affect revenue / target attainment to the NorthRow Customer Services Team to ensure positive action is taken in a timely and focused manner.
- Work closely with Customer Success to identify new lead opportunities and follow up quickly and positively on any actions generated.
- Participate in weekly sales operations calls/meetings and monthly sales meetings by providing detailed updates on the status of your short and long-term sales pipeline.
Freedom: to challenge & innovate; to come up with ideas and to be heard.
Integrity: trusted to do the right thing and to do things right, always acting ethically.
Responsibility: for individual results and working together towards our shared goals.
Supportive: of our clients, of each other, and of our well-being.
Transparent: we’re as open as we can be and honest, both internally and externally