Senior Technical Writer-Data Flow Management and Security exp.
Our client, a software company that provides a software platform for data engineering, data warehousing, machine learning and analytics that runs in the cloud or on premises, is looking for a Senior Technical Writer.
- This position requires knowledge of structured authoring and DITA markup language
- This position expects that the writer is relatively general in technical knowledge but requires that they work quickly and fairly independently
- Work for this position is conducted remotely, and on a Mac PowerBook
- This position is an 4 month contract
- DITA XML markup language or structured authoring experience is a requirement
- This position requires knowledge and practical writing experience in the field of Enterprise software technology and the main requirement is that they have the ability to get started quickly and work fairly independently
- Writing experience or experience in the technical field of data flow management and security is a plus, and we require some demonstrated writing experience in the software industry
- Experience writing CLI, API, and GUI-based product documentation.
- Knowledge of Apache NiFi and/or Apache Ranger a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience with cloud-based cluster administration is a plus.
- Experience writing for a business, IT, and developer audience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience using Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu, or SUSE).
- Experience using a DITA XML-based authoring tool such as oXygen XML.
- Hands-on experience with a source control/content management application such as Git, Perforce, or SVN.
- Demonstrated ability to author in DITA or similar structured authoring schema
- Understanding of why and how structured authoring works
- Reasonable experience enterprise level documentation for a software company
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, along with the ability to adapt to various methods of obtaining information from subject matter experts.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing responsibilities, situations, tools, and requirements.
- Ability to learn new technical subject matter quickly.
- Ability to work as a self-starter who can work in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work across time zones with distributed teams.