Technical Writer- Developer Documentation
Technical Writer – Developer Documentation
Our client, a multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, is looking for a technical writer.
This job has an immediate start and is 100% remote.
Initial contract running to year end, with a view to longer term work.
- Managing documentation sets
- Maintaining freshness and improving existing content
- Authoring new content as needed
- Serving as copyeditor for all Engineering contributions
- Expanding documentation support for all OpenThread repositories
- Migration of a documentation site that heavily uses Jinja to a new site and design, with the hope to eventually take over managing that site
- 5+ years TW experience, or other practical work experience
- Proficiency with HTML, XML, Markdown, Jinja, Linux, and GitHub, which means:
- You can author a document solely in HTML, XML, or Markdown
- You can use dynamic Jinja variables, filters, and macros inline with static content
- You can fork GitHub repos and maintain them on a local machine, create and review pull requests, and manage issues
- You can use the Linux command line to install and update packages, run scripts, and manipulate files
- Ability to design and implement single-sourced reusable content, such as in DITA
- Technical aptitude with the ability to understand developer code in C/C++, Python, and Java
- Great understanding of IP networking concepts