Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer
Nuritas™ is a Dublin-based biotech company revolutionizing the discovery of novel and natural active ingredients with scientifically proven health benefits. Our disruptive approach to discovery provides access to the most health-benefiting components within foods by combining artificial intelligence and DNA analysis to data-mine billions of molecules.
What the role will involve
This is a great opportunity join an exciting interdisciplinary team working on cutting edge therapeutic development from initial concept to full delivery.
In this role, you will join a project extracting structured information from large volumes of unstructured academic literature using state-of-the-art techniques in Natural Language Processing and storing this information using novel knowledge representation technologies.
This is an exciting role that sits at the very beginning of our core predictive technology. It not only shapes the predictive models for our therapeutic peptides, but also contributes to the understanding of work in our laboratory, in-vitro and in-vivo experiments.
The successful graduate will join this project in a supportive research partnership with Queen’s University Belfast and can also choose to undertake a fully funded post graduate qualification in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have
- Master’s degree from an accredited program in Computer Science or PhD in computer science/Math/statistics or related fields
- 1+ years of professional, hands-on experience with NLP, information retrieval, or text analysis
- Legally permitted to work in the EU
We would like you to have
- Experience with the state-of-the-art in Natural Language Processing methodologies (e.g. large-scale recurrent models or transformer architectures)
- Knowledge representation and information retrieval (e.g. knowledge graphs, ontologies, search engines)
- Knowledge and good hands-on experience of common machine learning frameworks (e.g. sklearn, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch)
- Exposure to software engineering techniques (i.e. experience with version control, best practices in software design)
- Ideally experience with biological or healthcare data or analysis of scientific research articles
To apply for this opportunity and for further information, please submit a CV and cover-sheet for the attention of Mark Tierney, Talent Acquisition Manager, Nuritas Biotech