TITLE: Director Behavioral Health
LOCATION: Southern Central, Virginia
Are you interested in making a difference in patient care?
Are you looking for a facility that is interested in candidates that want to grow professionally but have not been given the opportunity?
Would you like to work in a facility that serves several counties and can offer small town living with lots of outdoor activities(located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and within a few hours of some larger cities?
Then this could be an opportunity for you.
- Responsible for organizing, directing and controlling the daily schedule of Psychiatric Unit to provide quality service to the patients.
- Maintains active communication among the medical staff, interdepartmental staff and ensures issue resolution.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals.
- Accountable for coordinating and evaluating care rendered to Psych population.
- Accountable for daily operational activities on a 24 hour basis.
- Demonstrates awareness of ongoing needs of the unit and provides leadership and direction to team members in maintaining optimal levels of nursing care.
- BSN required and MSN preferred.
- 3-5 years experience RN experience with previous experience in acute care or Psychiatric hospital setting preferred.
- Requirements will include successful completion of orientation checklist, and skills/credentials/competency requirements of specific unit.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
- The facility is part of a system and this campus is 220 beds.
- Person would supervise about 20 FTE's.
The hospital is offering a range of 85-95K plus a great benefit package.