Community Hospice & Palliative Care RN (Staff Level)
Would you like to give the gift of comfort? Join our team! We love caring for individuals with personalized care and ultimate compassion while providing education that promotes healing and wellness.
Rochester is a city on the southern shore of Lake Ontario in western New York. Rochester is the seat of Monroe County and the third most populous city in New York state. It is home to numerous cultural institutions and hosts a number of festivals every year. One is the Lilac Festival that is held for ten days every May, when nearly 400 varieties of lilacs bloom, and 100,000 visitors arrive. You can find hiking, fishing, boating, kayaking, camping, motocross, skiing, tubing, skating, and so much more. 1.5 hours west is Niagara Falls. We are also close to the Finger Lakes and wine country, the Adirondack Mountains and a short drive to Toronto, Canada.
This position is responsible for direct nursing care. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care. This involves the assessment of patient and family needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of nursing care. This RN may also serve as the case manager, which involves the identification of appropriate services, supervision of home health aide staff and ongoing review and evaluation of the utilization of services.
• Systematically and continuously collects and documents opening and/or revisit assessment data regarding the patient and family needs.
• Identifies and prioritizes health problems based on assessments.
• Develops, implements and evaluates multidisciplinary goal directed intervention plans based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
• Manages and coordinates patient care in a manner which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate home care services and community support. RN's may be assigned as primary nurses with responsibility for all case coordination of patients requiring any other type of care upon approval.
• Assesses the need for home health aide services, establishes the aide activity sheet, supervises and evaluates the aide in the performance of his/her patient care duties.
• Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate health team member and ensures appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
• Facilitates the development and implementation of patient discharge plans.
• Documents all patient care and coordinating activities in a timely fashion.
• Practices according to agency and community standards.
• Participates in quality assurance activities as requested.
• Attends required staff meetings, in-services and/or supervisory conferences when requested.
• Participates in on-call schedule and weekend/holiday schedules as assigned.
• Performs as an informal leader, role model, and resource to other staff in a positive clinical leadership role.
• A minimum of 1 year recent acute care experience.
• IV/Infusion skills may be required.
• Specialized clinical experience and skills may be required for certain team positions.
• Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
• Basic computer skills
• With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
• Must have ability to travel.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
Associates or better in Nursing.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
valid NYS registered nursing license required.
Ability to travel
Bachelors or higher ed in Nursing.