Manages 24-hour departments providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development.
• Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
• Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
• Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
• Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
• Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
• Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
• Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in both patient care and management/leadership roles required.
• Minimum four (4) years of previous supervisory experience required.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
• California RN license required prior to start.
• BLS certificate required.
• Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• BSN OR BA in health care related field strongly preferred.
• Master's degree preferred.
Who does this position report to?
OR Director of Clinical Operations
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Must have current CA RN license Must have OR experience as an RN (inpatient/acute care) Must have RN management experience Minimum BS degree, prefer MS
What are the nice-to-have skills?
CNOR certification or willing to achieve as quickly as possible Experience in a union environment Experience building teams and coordinating with PACU department
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Newer Kaiser facility in affordable area, Vacaville, CA Certified trauma center Outstanding leadership team willing to mentor and support career advancement