Nurse Manager - Post Anesthesia Care Unit / Pre-admit Clinic / Short Stay Surgery
Our client is a full-service, community hospital providing exceptional health care to southern Oregon and northern California. Our patient care spans the continuum.
In this position, you will:
- Be accountable for the 24/7 operations of their defined unit(s).
- Be accountable for the quality of care delivered and outcomes of areas under their leadership.
- Establish an environment where healing and wellness are optimized and the core values of the organization are realized for both our patients and caregivers.
- Lead effective care delivery through strong caregiver engagement, wise use of resources, and compassionately hold others accountable for their behaviors and actions.
- Assemble and develop effective teams of caregivers and lead these teams in a complex and changing environment.
- Establish and sustain collaborative inter-professional relationships in service to Providence Health & Services (PH&S) strategic plans.
- Be accountable for unit adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, policies, contracts, procedures, and standards of performance.
- Develop and mentor their direct reports and plans for succession.
- Be informed by the highest level of evidence available when developing standards and modifying care delivery systems.
- Actively support the PH&S system, region, and local strategic priorities and programs.
- Bachelor of Science in nursing (BSN)
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) at time of hire
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Healthcare Provider within 6 months of hire
- 5 years in nursing (PACU) with experience in progressive leadership roles
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree or higher in a related field
- CPAN or CAPA certification
- Formal coursework in management, finance, and other administrative subjects
- Previous management experience