Palliative Care Hospice RN
Would you like to give the gift of comfort? Join our team! We love caring for individuals with personalized care and ultimate compassion while providing education that promotes healing and wellness.
Rochester is a city on the southern shore of Lake Ontario in western New York. Rochester is the seat of Monroe County and the third most populous city in New York state. It is home to numerous cultural institutions and hosts a number of festivals every year. One is the Lilac Festival that is held for ten days every May, when nearly 400 varieties of lilacs bloom, and 100,000 visitors arrive. You can find hiking, fishing, boating, kayaking, camping, motocross, skiing, tubing, skating, and so much more. 1.5 hours west is Niagara Falls. We are also close to the Finger Lakes and wine country, the Adirondack Mountains and a short drive to Toronto, Canada.
The Staff RN (Inpatient) is responsible for the provision of comprehensive Nursing care to meet the needs of his/her patients. Under the direction of the Inpatient Manager, the registered nurse has the authority and accountability for utilizing the nursing process and delegating components of the nursing plan of care to allied nursing personnel. This includes participation in the Interdisciplinary Group to provide a comprehensive plan of patient care.
• A minimum of 1 year recent home health care agency or acute care experience. Hospice or palliative care nursing experience preferred
• IV/Infusion skills may be required.
• Specialized clinical experience and skills may be required for certain team positions.
• Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
• Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages; and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary.
• With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
• An interest in the care of the terminally ill and a desire to care for the family of the patient.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
valid NYS registered nursing license required
Must have ability to travel