This role is the direct care, front line clinician managing both solid and liquid oncology patients who are inpatient for care. The team of FLOC (Front Line Ordering Clinician) Nurse Practitioners provide strong continuity of care for the patients, family and staff, and work very closely with the rest of the interdisciplinary care team. The FLOC Nurse Practitioners work 3, 13 hour shifts per week, rotating day, night and weekends.
Our clinicians continue to be the foundation for excellence in clinical practice, implementing evidence-based care to achieve the best outcomes, and providing compassionate, family-centered care for the patients we serve. The Advanced Practice Providers are supported by a strong leadership structure and many internal offerings for professional development and support.
We are currently seeking pediatric nurse practitioners with previous acute care pediatric oncology experience.
- A transition-to-practice program for all new-to-practice and new-to-health system APPs
- Innovative educational and professional development opportunities
- A comprehensive, competency-based orientation that is speciﬁc to each APP’s role and clinical responsibilities
- An advancement model, where professional development thrives for our APPs as they advance in their practice
- Pediatric oncology experience required
- New graduate Nurse Practitioners welcome
- Masters or Doctorate Degree as a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, OR if a Pediatric Primary Care degree, willingness to obtain a post masters or DNP in Pediatric Acute Care.
- National board certification in area of education / specialty
- Pennsylvania RN, CRNP and prescriptive authority licenses prior to hire
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran.