Desktop & Infrastructure Support Engineer
ORBCOMM is a leading global provider of industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication solutions that remotely track, monitor and control fixed and mobile assets.
Blue Tree Systems, an ORBCOMM Company based in Galway, is a global leader in enterprise fleet management software for the trucking and transportation industries. Our mission is to provide the most innovative, game-changing, driver-friendly and reliable telematics solution to the transportation industry to help create safe, legally compliant, fuel-efficient truck fleets for our worldwide customer base.
A little bit about the role:
ORBCOMM currently has a full-time permanent opening for Desktop & Infrastructure Support Engineer. The successful incumbent will be joining our Information Technology Department and be responsible for the management and implementation of ORBCOMM’s Systems and end user support within our distributed work environment.
This hands-on technical support role will have responsibility for the following:
· Desktop support for approximately 70 local and 10 remote end users (Windows 10, Office365).
· Administer Microsoft Windows server environments, including: system installation, configuration, account management, backups, event logs review and virus protection administration (including AD, DNS, DHCP, NPS and Hyper-V).
· Maintain VMWare infrastructure running on VMWare ESXi.
· Maintain and administer network infrastructure of switches, routers and firewalls. Focus on Juniper JunOS and Cisco a significant plus.
· Maintain and administer local Server Room operations (Capacity, Power, UPS)
· Maintain and administer Data Center Infrastructure located in Dublin.
· Maintain and administer a number of corporate development and financial systems (Jira, SAP, etc.)
· Monitor access to the networks by addressing issues of data security, password generation and file access at the service area level
· Monitor server uptime, performance, network capacity and security issues
· Support VOIP phone systems and mobile devices/phones
· Assist in preparing, revising and maintaining procedures and documentation
Due to the critical nature of the role, the Desktop & Infrastructure Support Engineer must be highly responsive and able to prioritize requests and tasks appropriately. In this role, you will use considerable independent judgment and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations, determining when and if executive action is required and supply a recommendation where appropriate. You need to be able to prioritize work and manage multiple projects at the same time.
The ideal candidate will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in System/Network Administration, in a Windows Active Directory environment. Superior organizational skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients is a must. Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities in a very autonomous environment is important in this role.
The ideal candidate will have recent work experience in the following areas:
• Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server
• Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO
• Windows Services Support including remote desktop services, clustering services and DFS
• VMWare ESXi 6.0
• Networking knowledge: routing, switching and ethernet (tcp/ip)
• MS Office Pro O365 Suite
• Antivirus Endpoint products
• Enterprise Backups
• Firewall/VPN administration (Juniper, Cisco)
• Windows 10 support
• Linux server administration
· Data base Support: Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
· Microsoft Hyper-V
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a challenging career and the opportunity to be in an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you. Apply today via email to hr@ORBCOMM.com.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.