Who we are:
ORIX Aviation is based in Booterstown, Dublin and is a leading commercial aircraft leasing and aircraft asset management company.
Our core business is as a major aircraft lessor, asset manager, owner and arranger with a diversified portfolio of aircraft and aviation related investments. Founded in 1991, we are ranked as one of the top Aircraft Leasing companies in the world and has an owned and managed fleet of approximately 200 aircraft and engines. Our customer base now spans across six continents, over 35 countries and over 75 lessees.
We are a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of ORIX Corporation, a company listed on the New York and Tokyo stock exchanges. ORIX Corporation is a financial services group based in Tokyo, Japan which provides innovative financial products and services to corporate and retail customers.
We are proud to be the only operating leasing company included by Standard Poor’s (“SP”) in its Select Servicer List for Aviation Leasing.
ORIX Summer Graduate / Internship Programme:
As part of our ongoing fleet and organisational expansion, we are pleased to announce our Summer Internship Programme, which is open to candidates who are currently undertaking or recently completed undergraduate degrees or masters in Aviation, Finance, Business, Engineering, Economics or related discipline.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain insight into and experience in a dynamic and growing industry in which Ireland is a world leader. Summer Internships can also lead to a full time graduate position.
Working with a team of highly skilled experts at ORIX in the aircraft leasing industry, and coached and supported by your dedicated Intern Manager, you will, over the course of three months, have the opportunity to learn about aircraft leasing and contribute as part of our team as you kick start your career in a global context in a dynamic highly motivated environment.
Positions will be available within our Commercial, Risk Management, Technical and Financial Asset Management functions.
As well as offering you a competitive salary, we are committed to providing you with a meaningful learning experience where you can contribute develop and build your network.
Contribute: Our interns are placed to take on meaningful work assignments, add value and will be given the same responsibilities as our graduates and other members of the team.
- You will be working within teams to support the business deliver on one or more of our services, which cover all aspects of aircraft transactions, including sales, remarketing, contract negotiation and structuring, financial and administration
- You will have the opportunity to gain insight into business operations and contribute to the business on at least one cross-functional project
- You will have the opportunity to work on ‘live’ projects and deal with both internal and external stakeholders
Develop: Gaining valuable hands on experience and obtaining regular feedback allows you to develop your practical and professional skills while gaining an excellent insight into the ORIX business and the wider industry.
- You will learn IT skills including our software programmes and applications
- You will build stronger people related skills, including building and maintaining relationships, interacting, working as part of a team
- You will learn business skills, such as presentation skills, communication skills, working on your own initiative, prioritisation and time management, problem solving, personal responsibility in the workplace and impact and influencing skills
- You will use research, analysis, modelling, reporting skills
Build your Network: Enables you to get connected and build your network with real industry professionals.
- You will grow your network by gaining exposure within the ORIX business and contributing as part of the ORIX team
- You will have an opportunity to attend at least one industry event
Who you are:
- You’ll be highly organised and efficient, a keen learner and adaptable to change.
- A strong communicator, presenting information excellently both in written and verbal format.
- You are a problem solver with a keen analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- You’ll be self-starter and enjoy working under pressure.
- Enjoy building and managing relationships working as part of a team.
- You will hold a Bachelor’s Degree, in Finance, Business, Engineering, Economics or similar achieving a minimum grade of a 2.1.
- A Masters in a related area is an advantage or another such qualification related to Aviation and Aviation Finance
The Closing Date for applications is 23rd March 2018.
The Summer 2018 Internship will take place over the months of June, July and August.