We are looking for an exceptional senior iOS engineer to join our expanding team in Cork, Ireland to design and integrate software with new technologies.
This position requires a self-driven engineer with great initiative. Come and help us build our new iPhone applications in Cork city. If you're interested in being a part of developing a commercial grade mobile application using CoreNFC, CoreLocation (including CLBeacon), MapKit, targeting iOS 11 and Swift 4 and pushing the limits of performance with a large application, this could be a project for you.
- Architect and build iOS applications as part of our suite, using Swift, and targeting iPhone and iPad devices
- Ensure that best practices are followed throughout the software development process, that a suitable level of tests are created per feature and that reliable, proven libraries are utilised where necessary
- Proven skills in designing, building and maintaining native apps in the App Store.
- Swift (knowledge of Objective-C and Java is a plus)
- Track record of debugging and optimising code for size and performance using Instruments.
- Experience of consuming RESTful APIs in iOS (we use Alamofire), data persistence (we use Realm) with a particular emphasis on performance and dealing with intermittent client network connectivity.
- An enthusiasm for data structures and architecture (we develop separate internal data and UI frameworks used by the iOS team, distributed through Cocoapods)
- Understanding of advanced network techniques (we use ZeroMQ for live data updates)
- Knowledge of testing and CI techniques a plus (we use XCTest and Xcode Server)
- Ability to write clean, well documented code with a focus on clarity and maintainability (we use SwiftLint to enforce style rules and Jazzy for internal API documentation)
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines.
- We'd like to see a proven track record of apps being published to the app store.
Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience.
Over-C is a digital innovation and transformation company, disrupting the way companies manage operations, customers and employees in real-times, from offices in London, Amsterdam and Cork. We utilise cool technologies such as GPS, NFC, Bluetooth beacons to collect data on mobile devices and use machine learning and analytics to interpret the value and outcomes.
Over-C is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our customers. We have a truly international workforce – including some of the very best talent in mobile development. But, we also have some big, audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the team. Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with your experience HOWEVER we are looking for the very best so with Over-C you can earn what you're worth. We will provide you with both autonomy and the opportunity to have a great work-life balance. You will have total freedom in how you do your job and the very best equipment to work with.