We are looking for an exceptional senior Android engineer to join our expanding team in Cork, Ireland to design and integrate software with new technologies
This position requires a self-driven engineer with great initiative. Come and help us build our new smartphone and tablet applications in Cork city. If you're interested in being a part of great team developing a commercial grade mobile application using Java and Kotlin and utilising NFC, iBeacon, Eddystone, GPS, Mapping and pushing the limits of performance with a large application, this could be a project for you.
- Build and architect Android applications as part of our suite, targeting smartphone and tablet devices
- Ensure that best practices are followed throughout the software development process, that a suitable level of tests are created per feature and that reliable, proven libraries are utilised where necessary
- 4-5 years of experience in enterprise applications development and architecture
- Android Mobile Development with Android Studio
- Track record of debugging and optimising code for size and performance
- Understanding of RESTful web services and IoT communication protocols such as ZeroMQ
- Experience with sensors (NFC, Bluetooth, Beacons, GPS)
- Familiarity with the basics of RxJava, comfortable with Java 8 Lambdas and Streams
- Experience with offline-first application development and using SQLite
- Ability to write clean, well factored UI code
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines
- Drive to take initiative and own issues
- Passion for quality and attention to detail of pixel perfect screens
- We'd like to see a proven track record of apps being published to the app store.
Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience.
Over-C is a digital innovation and transformation company, disrupting the way companies manage operations, customers and employees in real-times, from offices in London, Amsterdam and Cork. We utilise cool technologies such as GPS, NFC, Bluetooth beacons to collect data on mobile devices and use machine learning and analytics to interpret the value and outcomes.
Over-C is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our customers. We have a truly international workforce – including some of the very best talent in mobile development. But, we also have some big, audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the team. Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with your experience HOWEVER we are looking for the very best so with Over-C you can earn what you're worth. We will provide you with both autonomy and the opportunity to have a great work-life balance. You will have total freedom in how you do your job and the very best equipment to work with.