Web Developer (Contract)
We are looking for an experienced web developer to join our team on a contract basis. If you're interested in developing real-time control centre dashboards and powerful administration tools, this could be a project for you.
This is a 6 month contract position.
As this is primarily a remote working role, we are looking for a self-starter with excellent communication skills.
If possible, please include a portfolio of work that showcases your ability to create great web-based user interfaces (e.g. live web-sites, portfolio page with screenshots, Github link, etc).
- Build modern web applications with beautiful & consistent UI for our customers
- Work with the development team to develop and deliver new features and products
- Support and maintain existing production code
- Ensure that best practices are followed throughout the software development process, that a suitable level of tests are created per feature and that reliable, proven libraries are utilised where necessary
- Interact with our Quality Assurance team during system testing phases of application development
Knowledge & Skills
- Experienced with building highly-interactive applications ideally using Vue.js, but experience with Angular/React also welcome.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS/Sass.
- Comprehensive understanding of RESTful services
- Experience with Agile and test-driven development
- Drive to take initiative and own issues
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent level of English
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of responsive design and device targeting
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Jest
- Experience with Web Sockets and client side storage solutions
Over-C is a digital innovation and transformation company, disrupting the way companies manage operations, customers and employees in real-times, from offices in London and Cork. We utilise cool technologies such as GPS, NFC and Bluetooth beacons to collect data on mobile devices and use machine learning and analytics to interpret the value and outcomes. We then visualise this information using the latest technologies in an engaging, attractive and easy to understand way.
Over-C is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our customers. We have some big, audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the team. Together, we are committed to building something amazing.