Networking Technical Sales - Bend, Oregon (NTS031021)
Paladin Data Corporation is developing the future of retail technology, offering well-established point of sale software and services, including managed network services, nationwide. We are seeking an experienced Networking Technical Salesperson to assist our growing client base with network management, identifying needs, designing solutions, processing sales, managing Meraki renewals. The ideal candidate can support both the small single site customers with minimal networking needs to the larger multisite customers. Paladin is a Cisco and Cisco/Meraki authorized reseller; for new network infrastructure sales Paladin offers Cisco/Meraki firewalls, switches and WAPs, and HPE switches.
- Managed Networking technical sales, including but not limited to, identifying needs, designing solutions, engaging with the customer, articulating justifications and presenting pricing.
- Processing sales, managing discounts, quoting, and ordering from distribution.
- Manage Meraki license renewals.
- Work with the network engineer, account managers, and others, to identify customer network needs and solutions.
- Involvement in customer network design and recommendations, and project management.
- The Networking Technical Salesperson will be expected to cover the network engineer duties as needed.
- Manage and complete Cisco/Meraki Annual Authorization.
- Typical schedule is M-F 8am-5pm PST, however, some after hours work will be required to accommodate scheduled or unscheduled downtime.
Qualifications and skills
- At least 2 years experience in networking, including but not limited to, firewall/routing, switching and wireless required.
- Does not require traditional sales experience, but must be able to articulate the benefits of Paladin's Meraki Managed Networking solutions.
- Meraki firewall/routing, switching and wireless experience a plus.
- Certifications, especially Cisco and/or Meraki, a bonus. If you don't have Cisco or Meraki certifications, you will be required to complete some training and certification, and maintain them as part of your job.
- Voice (VOIP, IP telephony) and video (video surveillance primarily) experience a plus.
- Network security skills.
- Failover design, implementation and support experience.
- Knowledge of Nable/Solarwinds, Microsoft CRM and other tools, to support customer networks, including monitoring, management and alerting.
- Knowledge of CCW (Cisco Commerce Workspace) and deal registrations.
- Candidates will be required to take a networking test as part of the interview process, to gauge proficiency in the required and desired skills.
Wage DOE. 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, hearing, long- and short-term disability, life and AD&D insurance. Optional family coverage, premium plan upgrades, health/dependent care FSA, critical illness, accident, and hospital confinement plans. 401(K) with up to 3% match and periodic profit-sharing contributions. Paid holidays and progressive scale PTO based on years of service. Company-funded education assistance and employee/travel assistance programs. Standard benefits eligibility after 1 calendar month; 401(k) eligibility after 90 days. Background investigation and drug test required.
Paladin Data Corporation is a leading provider of retail technology for pharmacy and hardware stores. Our innovative software, time-saving managed services, and 100% USA-based support provide clients the tools and automation to thrive in an ever-changing retail market. Family-owned for over 40 years, our founder is driven by the belief that trust should be at the core of everything we do and that small business is the foundation of community - when our clients succeed so do their communities.
Located in Bend, Oregon and Mesa, Arizona, we take pride in our family-like environment where employees are a priority and, with our ongoing rapid growth, we continue to have an exciting “start-up” culture that offers ample opportunity for career-minded individuals to grow both personally and professionally. Exemplary candidates align with our core values: Put the customer first; Do what you say you will do; Hard work brings reward; Be honest and act with integrity; Treat everyone with respect and dignity; Collaborate and be a team player; Practice active listening.