We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by effectively partnering with and supporting the HR Director EMEA (HRDE) on all aspects of the European people agenda to ensure we nurture and develop the Patagonia DNA throughout our work environment and people processes. The HR Manager partners with and supports the HRDE in planning, implementing, and evaluating HR policies, programs, and practices that are aligned with our values and company culture. Additionally, this position also maintains the day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering Europe including, but not limited to: organizational design and development, employee relations, compensation and recruitment.
HR Europe ongoing projects and initiatives
• In partnership with HRDE, be responsible for setting up and managing all European HR initiatives, including Compensation & Benefits, HR Systems, Training & Development and Performance Management.
• Drive the development and training culture to manage the delivery of high quality, relevant, local and Patagonia wide training and development initiatives.
• Research and make recommendations for talent strategy required to ensure that it supports the Patagonia growth strategy
• Ensure our performance management programs are being utilized efficiently and effectively, including but not limited to: annual review process, development planning and succession planning.
• Responsible for keeping abreast of current workplace trends and implementing enhancements as needed to remain an employer of choice.
• Perform and/or lead HR projects as needed.
Legal & employee relations
• Ensure compliance to regional labour and employment laws and provide support and possible solutions to legal compliance issues.
• Support any new country employee set up (Legal, contracts, services, etc)
• Lead and coordinate on any critical and complex employee relations management.
• Provision of guidance, support and coaching to all line managers in respect of performance issues, complaints, employment law and company policies.
Reporting, Systems & Data Management
• Develop and implement systems for measuring the success of employee experience initiatives.
• Manage any global and local HR reporting needs.
• Manage the annual core values survey.
• Manage a team of 3 (Office Coordinators and HR Coordinator) and support their growth and development within Patagonia
• Management of all aspects related to office and facilities with the support of the Office Coordination team.
• Manage the HR Europe budget, including training and development budget
• As needed provide recruitment support to the Recruiter Europe and HRDE
• Ad hoc cover for all European Payrolls when needed
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
• Master’s Degree in HR and / or Business.
• 8-10 years of European HR Management experience, preferably in the apparel/retail sector.
• Fluent English, other languages are a plus (especially French & Dutch).
• International and especially European experience preferable.
• Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet) and general skills to learn new systems. Knowledge of specific HRIS systems is an advantage.
• Excellent working knowledge of European labour law, GDPR, employee relations, compensation and benefits, social security laws, work permits and cross border working regulations.
• Track record of working in a fast paced, commercial environment and the ability to be successful in a matrix organisation with multiple stakeholders.
• Passionate about engaging and empowering employees.
• Ability to maintain high standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.