We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by effectively administrating and coordinating all Payroll and Benefits administration to ensure we are providing a great administrative and coordination service to all our employees and vendors. This role also provides administrative and coordination support to the wider HR team on all HR and HR project related areas.
PAYROLL & BENEFITS EU
- Responsible for end to end administration and coordination of all our EU payrolls including our HQ Dutch payroll. Ensure the accurate and timely payment of all salaries in Europe.
- Responsible for establishing very good relationships with all our payroll providers in all countries and ensure proper coordination and administration of all taxes and benefits.
- Support the HR Coordinator (HRC) and HR Manager Europe (HRME) on any European payroll provider change projects
- Reconcile payroll (liability accounts) on a monthly and yearly basis according to the close schedule.
HR PAYROLL ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for managing and administrating all pension and insurance providers, as well as the sick leave process across Europe
- Ensure all payroll and benefits information for each team member across Europe is accurately recorded within their digital and paper personal file.
- Coordinate expat assistance (registration, relocation, administration).
- Follow up absences and prepare monthly sickness reports for Europe.
REPORTS & COMMUNICATION
- Answer all employee questions related to payroll and benefits
- Ensure a close collaboration and support where needed to our Finance colleagues in EU and US on all global/local payroll and benefits queries.
- Support HRME/HRC to create reports for other departments or Audits (taxes, finance).
- Support the Recruiter and HRC on providing salary benchmarks for new and existing positions, as well as new employees.
- Support collating our European Headcount reports and supporting the HRME/HRC on any HC reports analysis.
- Support HRC and HRME in ensuring Patagonia’s payroll administration is compliant with the law in all of the countries where we operate.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PROJECTS
- Coordinate the Compensation & Benefits reports needed by the HRME or HR Director EMEA (HRDE).
- Support the HRME and the HRC on developing compensation and benefits policies in conjunction with the relevant departments (e.g. car, phone, travel policies).
HR TEAM SUPPORT & HR PROJECTS
- Any other ad hoc HR / Payroll / benefits coordination tasks or project support needed from time to time
- In case of any need from time to time – support covering our Office administration function as all other members of the HR team
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Human Resources or relevant studies.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Fluent English and Dutch is required, other languages are a plus (especially French)
- Payroll experience needed, especially Dutch payroll and understanding of benefits schemes.
- International and especially European payroll experience preferable.
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Excel) and general skills to learn new systems.
- Exposure to HR systems such as SAP or Workday is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with line managers and colleagues.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, likes working with data and numbers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize Payroll and Benefits needs with that of the overall HR team needs
- Adapts to change quickly (learning on the fly).
- Team player with a calm, positive and professional attitude.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia mission and values.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.