We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting the Credit Manager in managing the accounts receivable to reduce aged debt and increase cash flow. Tasks include preparing account and customer information in anticipation for weekly reviews with the Credit Manager and working closely with Dealer Service and Sales departments to manage any potential disputes that may delay payments and deliveries.
• Daily input and application of multicurrency bank and cash receipts.
• Assist the Credit Manager with the reminder and recovery process for wholesale accounts receivable throughout Europe.
• Assist the Credit Manager with checks on credit worthiness for new wholesale accounts and on an ongoing basis for existing accounts.
• Deposit of checks at the bank.
• Prepare the Direct Debit files to be reviewed by the Credit Manager and send them to the bank.
• Perform day-to-day recording of the bank transactions in different currencies for the European wholesale operations, multi-currency bank account reconciliations, and European accounts receivable monitoring and recovery.
• Management of the blocked orders.
• Sending out the invoices on a daily basis.
• Updating currency exchange rates on a weekly basis.
• As regularly as possible, contact customers by phone, email, mail, and fax to monitor payment plans, due-date modifications. It is important for this position to develop a good knowledge of the main customers (payment habits, discount policy).
• Monthly reconciliation of multicurrency bank accounts.
• Assist Credit Manager with monthly sales commission payment calculations.
• Performance of bank reconciliations for all bank accounts in Patagonia Europe.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Educational background in Accounting / Finance.
• 2 years’ experience minimum in Credit Control.
• Fluent in English and native in German. Spanish is a plus.
• High level of adaptability given the cultural differences across Europe.
• Experienced in accounting for accounts receivable.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, open mind and excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus.
• International and especially European experience preferable.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.