We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by to this by supporting the Financial Planning team for Europe.
Financial Planning & Reporting
• Setup monthly OPEX reports and follow up on variations with Department managers.
• Works closely with the Senior FP&A Analyst for tracking of CAPEX expenses on a monthly basis.
• Works closely with the Senior FP&A Analyst and the Marketing Department to build detailed marketing tracking of cost by expense type on a monthly basis
• Provides P&L & KPI dashboard on all sales channels, ensure on time and accurate tracking of costs. Includes variance explanation and investigation of abnormal or unexpected activity within financial performance (Budget, Forecast, YOY – Year over Year comparisons).
• Supports the Senior FP&A Analyst on the monthly forecasting for OPEX on the three sales channels
• Supports the Senior FP&A Analyst on the budget process
Month end close
• Control allocation of operational expenses against budget and forecast.
• Track weekly selling performance against budgets.
• Provide financial support and ad-hoc analysis to wholesale, retail and ecommerce.
• Supports the Senior FP&A Analyst in a wide range of finance inquiries (such as P&L analysis, KPI reporting, Business reviews, trend analysis, price analysis, sales reporting) and ensured they are delivered timely and with accuracy.
• On request extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems and performs financial analyses of business/function figures
• Look for constant improvement in the use of systems to facilitate financial planning and reporting.
• Act as backup for the Senior FP&A Analyst during their absence
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• University degree in Corporate Finance/ Business Economics/ Financial Planning.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Finance and/ or Financial Planning in a complex international multi sales channel environment.
• Strong in handling large data sets and the ability to translate into relevant information.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
• Ability to think and communicate cross functionally.
• Proactive with a “can do” attitude.
• International and especially European experience preferable.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Fluent English written and spoken.
• Experience building financial models and creating reports.
• Understanding of corporate finance and accounting standards.
• Ability to communicate complex analytical & technical information. Solid presentation skills.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.