We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting and working with the Office Coordinator in ensuring the smooth running of the European HQ and managing all travels.
- Maintaining office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels and anticipating requirements. Placing and expediting orders, verifying receipts, stocking items and delivering supplies to work stations.
- Day-to-day coordination of the meeting rooms and working spaces.
- Meeting and greeting all clients, consultants and external visitors.
- Forwarding information by receiving and distributing communications. Collecting and mailing correspondence.
- Answering the office phone, taking messages and ensuring these are dealt with by the relevant person.
- Creating and maintaining office procedures, including coordinating health & safety.
- Owning and resolving all office-related operational issues.
- From time to time supporting retail, product and sales teams on co-ordinating our showroom space.
- Supporting the Office Coordinator with Co-ordinating and managing our onsite caterers and all external office suppliers (e.g. maintenance, cleaners, builders etc.).
- Acting as a contact point for the landlord of the Amsterdam office.
- Taking care of cleanliness and tidiness of the office meeting rooms and the office in general.
Administrative and HR Support
- Organizing meetings and arranging appointments.
- Co-ordinating and managing our Travel Company and managing travel for all our European employees and clients, as well as arranging accommodation.
- Support with organizing events and special occasions in the office (community events; employee events; visitor presentations, Christmas, Easter or King’s Day, etc.).
- Providing basic administrative support, also to the HR team when needed.
- Responsible for the Business Continuity documentation and maintaining the files up-to-date.
- Coordinating the temporary helpers for the office (i.e. Werkstudents).
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar position, preferably in office administration and travel coordination.
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Gets satisfaction out of serving others and solving problems.
- Good project management capabilities.
- International and especially European experience preferable.
- Proactive, able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, SharePoint, Internet) and general skills to learn new systems
- Experience with generating Business Continuity documentation.
- Experience with working in a dynamic environment and dealing with many small projects and administrative tasks simultaneously.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.