We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this by being an active player in guaranteeing that our tax and statutory deadlines are met and that we are compliant with all relevant tax and statutory regulations in our European locations.
- Prepare, estimate and track tax returns within required time frames.
- Maintain, record and reconcile the financial records within required time frames.
- Forecast tax predictions to senior managers
- Perform internal control to financial records and master data and propose updates and improvements where necessary.
- Provide KPI reporting based on internal controls results.
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to tax and statutory compliance.
- Assess and research tax related inquiries and seek for solutions.
- Provide advice and training in tax related topics to the business and finance team.
- Engage regularly with internal and externals shareholders while maintaining strong relationships
- Support accounting team in identifying operational and internal control improvement.
- Review contractual documentation and gather relevant signatures.
- Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance. This would include participating in projects for the brand.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Industrial Certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar environment.
- VAT and CIT knowledge and experience are a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Power BI are considered a plus.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Flexible attitude & good team player.
- Fluent in English.
- Proactive with a “can do” attitude.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.