We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this by leading and coordinating all retail HR activities across Europe and working closely with the entire HR team on all HR related Retail initiatives.
- Be a HR partner to Retail team at HQ and all stores managers across Europe.
- Counsel / advise all retail employees on HR related / employment matters.
- Coordinate, participate and collaborate during the Recruitment process for all retail stores
- In partnership with HR Manager Europe, advising Store Managers regarding employee questions and concerns, as well as policy and procedures and employee relationship issues.
- Support the HR Director EMEA on all performance management, career development and Training and Development processes and projects for Retail.
- Support Store Managers for all health and safety needs of employees
- Create and implement new employee induction program for our retail employees
- Manage all HR administration tasks for our retail employees in conjunction with HR Manager Europe, HR Coordinator, Recruiter and Payroll & Benefits Coordinator (maintain and update personnel data, contract administration, record absence, manage maternity leave, holidays, sickness, etc)
- Act as the project lead for all new store openings on all HR related matters. Support the HR Manager Europe in the set-up of all aspects related to HR (legal, contract, services, etc) when opening new retail stores in Europe
- Support HR Manager on filing any legal requirements, keeping reports, etc
- Support the HR Director EMEA and Payroll & Benefits Coordinator on any Payroll / C&B data coordination and administration. Payroll cover as required across Europe.
- Support the HR Director EMEA on engagement matters – field issues / understanding the pulse of the retail organization => engagement of our retail employees.
- Support and contribute to the development and roll- out of HR processes and policies to the European retail business
- Support and prepare accordingly any necessary HR data / overviews for HR Director EMEA
- Conduct exit interviews of retail employees and analyze results.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Degree in HR and / or Business.
- 3-4 years of HR generalist experience in the apparel/retail sector.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
- Spoken and written English, other languages are a plus.
- People management skills and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of training and developing within the retail sector.
- Payroll experience is a plus.
- European experience preferable.
- Proactive, dynamic, ability to work on own initiative, attention to detail, accuracy.
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Excel, Internet) and general skills to learn new systems.
- Familiar with employment law concepts and ensuring confidentiality, tact and sensitivity when handling any HR / employee case
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with line managers and colleagues.
- Adapts to change quickly (learning on the fly).
- Very good communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Knowledge of specific HRIS systems an advantage.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
- Ability to travel 10-25% of the time
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.