We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by being the local go-to person for all environmental activation activities in and around Berlin.
• Develop relationships with existing and new environmental organizations in and around Berlin and manage all coordination and administration with regard to these developments.
• Overseeing needs from environmental organizations in and around Berlin and supporting them via funds, tools and assets that Patagonia has.
• Daily interaction with local environmental groups on the ground, troubleshooting and general support.
• Helping develop and organize plans with events for our network and activists.
• Partnering with Marketing and specifically Retail Marketing on activation activities for the Berlin community.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in the nuts and bolts of organizing, training, and supporting volunteer-led grassroots organizations.
• Campaign strategy, planning, and volunteer management experience.
• Proven ability to work effectively with people from diverse racial, ethnic, class, age, gender, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
• Ability to adapt to and juggle evolving and competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Comfortable working independently as part of a remote team and communicating over phone, and messaging programs.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of your staff time and have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Fluent in English and German.
• IT literate and ability to work effectively across MS Office and Social Media.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences:
• Experience working on grassroots campaigns to influence decision makers.
• Experience building or leading a local activist organization, including creating effective structures, decision-making and campaign development.
• Experience creating externally facing, written and/or visual content for organizing campaigns.
• Familiarity or excitement to learn digital organizing skills using new strategies and platforms.
• Excellent time management & organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple projects and relationships.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.