We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by being an active player in guaranteeing the accuracy of our General ledger recordings and ensuring accounting processes are streamlined across our European locations in accordance with accounting principles and internal procedures.
• Preparing and reconciling journal entries for all GL accounts with supporting documentation. • Support the accounting team with day-to-day operations.
• Perform monthly balance sheet review & reconciliation.
• Assist with the preparation of variance analysis of both balance sheet and P&L. • Perform month end accounting closing activities.
• Perform the monthly fixed asset accounting in accordance with accounting policies, including the preparation of fixed asset category schedules and internal policies. • Identify and implement relevant controls and develop policy documentation for sharing across the team and organization. • Adhere to accounting principles and internal procedures.
• Support with internal and external audits.
• Assist various departments and US head office in accounting issues and queries.
• Perform monthly credit card & cash reconciliations.
• Assist in the preparation of payments, booking bank transactions and performing bank reconciliations.
• Filing, scanning, storing, and retrieving of all related financial documents in accordance with local rules, regulations and company policies. Other tasks • Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
• University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• Minimum of 4 years’ (GL) Accounting experience.
• In possession of, or willing to study for, a relevant accounting degree like ACCA.
• Flexible attitude & good team player.
• Accountability & Full ownership over work.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Excellent attention to detail is required and strong organization skills to ensure a streamlined and efficient process.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Excel is a must, PowerBi would be considered as a plus.
• Ability to work under tight schedules.
• Broad understanding of business needs with excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Accurate and organized.
• Fluent in English, second European language would be considered as a plus.
• Proactive with a “can do” attitude.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Solution-oriented & result driven.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.