We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting on-time process of our payment flows and consistent recording of financial data into the relevant systems across our European locations in accordance with accounting principles and internal procedures. The Accounts Assistant works precise and is proactive to support the Accounting Team Leader and team by ensuring the day-to-day transactions are recorded and maintained. The primary focus in this role is to ensure payment transactions are prepared, recorded and reconciled on an accurate and timely basis.
• Preparing payment proposals for the weekly payment runs for our branches across Europe.
• Recording bank transactions and reconciling bank statements at month-end.
• Timely & accurately preparing of journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts with supporting documentation.
• Supporting the team with day-to-day operations and month-end accounting tasks including but not limited to: fixed asset accounting, intercompany accounting, Invoice & expense bookings, petty cash expenses, accruals & prepayments bookings.
• Reviewing vendor aging reports, investigating and following up discrepancies.
• Providing support to finance projects and assist with the documentation of accounting procedures and preparation of manuals.
• Ensure availability of reports and documentation required for accounting staff to perform monthly reconciliations.
• Maintaining and updating lease schedules & contracts database.
• Filing, scanning, storing, and retrieving of all related financial documents in accordance with local rules, regulations and company policies.
• Adhere to accounting principles and internal procedures.
• Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar environment.
• Flexible attitude & good team player.
• Accountability & full ownership over work.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Excellent attention to detail is required and strong organization skills to ensure a streamlined and efficient process.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Excel is a must, PowerBI would be considered as a plus.
• Ability to work under tight schedules.
• Broad understanding of business needs with excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Accurate and organized.
• Fluent in English, second European language would be considered as a plus.
• Proactive with a “can do” attitude.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Solution-oriented & result driven.
• Aptitude to learn new systems quickly, experience with Microsoft AX would be considered as a plus.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.