We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting all programs and processes related to the daily operations of Patagonia retail stores. The Coordinator is responsible for operationally supporting the field leadership teams as well as their Patagonia retail stores. The Retail Operations Coordinator also helps store openings, remodels and moves.
• Oversee best and slow seller management in addition to replenishment strategy.
• Coordinate base stock control, adjustments, transfers and special orders.
• Pre-order review and optimization of work flow to achieve optimal right product, right place, right time.
• Work cross channel to ensure ‘hero product’ and key marketing styles activation.
• Coordinate Seasonal Retail budget and forecast
• Work with Finance team to track P&L performance by store and then work with Store Managers on P&L strengths and opportunities.
• Coordinate sale season planning, seasonal flip logistics and overall performance of sale season.
• Provide on time and relevant reports with concrete deliverable proposals to management.
• Coordinate Operating plans annually to ensure stores stay within their operating budgets, meet or exceed their sales goals and achieve desired KPI’s.
• Coordinate expansion of stores with Retail Manager, Visual Merchandise Manager and relevant key Amsterdam HQ team members.
• Create a pre-opening timeline and be the central point of reference regarding all store project.
• Coordinate the pre-opening agenda for new Patagonia stores in conjunction with Retail Marketing Coordinator.
• Keep up to date, create or edit Retail Operations Policy and Procedures.
• Coordinate all facilities issue across the retail channel
• Participate in the development and execution of Loss Prevention Programs and ensure all stores are maintaining an appropriate shrink percentage.
Visuals, Merchandising and Marketing
• Facilitate a collaborative relationship between Store Managers and Visual Merchandisers to uphold Visual standards and execute reactive merchandising moves to maximize sales.
• Partner with the Retail Merchandiser and Planner weekly to review performance of respective stores’ Assortment Levels, capacity and layout, and discuss current and future opportunities to drive the respective store’s business.
• In partnership with the Retail Marketing Coordinator, develop and implement community engagement programs for all stores with an emphasis on environmental activism, in alignment with brand initiatives, and always locally relevant.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree qualification desirable or similar years’ work experience.
• Retail experience (preferably as store manager) in the outdoor and/or apparel industry.
• Advanced level of computer user skills required (Excel) and preferably experience in Retail Pro and AX.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and a pro-active approach to business. Ability to work on own initiative.
• Experience with international store openings.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Excellent people management and organizational skills. Creative and flexible.
• Able to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
• Works well under pressure and turns problems into opportunities.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.