We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this by coordinating all retail HR activities across Europe and working closely with the HR Manager EU and HR Director EMEA on all HR-related Retail programs and initiatives.
Be a HR partner to the Retail team at the Amsterdam office and to all Stores Managers across Europe, regarding all aspects of the HR lifecycle. Specifically the following:
• In partnership with HR Manager Europe, advising Store Managers regarding employee questions and concerns, as well as policy and procedures and employee relationship issues.
• Support the HR Manager Europe and Payroll & Benefits Coordinator on any Payroll / C&B data coordination and administration. Answer any payroll related and or compensation benefits queries from Retail employees. Payroll cover as required across retail Europe.
• Coordinate, participate and collaborate during the Recruitment process for all retail stores with the Recruitment Team Europe
• Ensure full coordination and support to all annual HR processes for retail– Performance Management, Career Development, Annual Budgeting processing, and our Learning and Development programs
• Manage all HR administration tasks for our retail employees in conjunction with HR Manager Europe, HR Coordinator, Recruiter and Payroll & Benefits Coordinator (maintain and update personnel data, contract administration, record absence, manage maternity leave, holidays, sickness, filing any legal data, keeping reports etc)
• Support Store Managers for all health and safety needs of employees
• Create and implement new employee induction program for our retail employees
• Support the HR Manager Europe in the set-up of all aspects related to HR (legal, contract, services, etc) when opening new retail stores in Europe
• Support the HR Director EMEA on matters related to the engagement of our retail employees – field issues / understanding the pulse of the retail organization
• Support and contribute to the development and roll- out of HR processes and policies to the European retail business
• Support and prepare accordingly any necessary HR data / overviews for HR Director EMEA and or HR Manager Europe
• Conduct exit interviews of retail employees and analyze results.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Degree in HR and / or Business.
• 3 - 4 years of HR generalist experience, preferably in the apparel/retail sector.
• Very important to have the ability to move between very operational matters and being hands on & dealing with some levels of strategy within the HR Retail world.
• Extremely strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management.
• Spoken and written English, other languages are a plus (French and Dutch are a real plus).
• Payroll experience is a plus.
• HR experience with different European countries.
• Familiar with employment law concepts and ensuring confidentiality, tact and sensitivity when handling any HR / employee case
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks.
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with line managers and colleagues.
• Proactive, dynamic, attention to detail, accuracy.
• Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Excel, Internet) and general skills to learn new systems.
• Adapts to change quickly (learning on the fly).
• Very good communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Knowledge of specific HR systems is an advantage.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Ability to travel 10 - 15% of the time
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.