We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by implementing and managing the company sales, marketing (in cooperation with marketing & enviro coordinator), and distribution objectives within a geographic territory. The primary role of the Sales Representative is to use the Company’s resources to meet the individual needs of the wholesale account base to support and service the territory business. The Sales Representative will collaborate with the Company’s other distribution channels and the Country Sales Manager to integrate resources as required.
Organization and Planning
• Determine calendar planning on an annual basis that accommodates the company and dealer needs taking into consideration dealer and consumer events, trade shows, and all deadlines.
• Arrange and manage the time necessary to complete the tasks for the company and dealers during the preseason-selling period.
• Plan the time needed with all territory accounts to cover business issues, account goals, support programs, ASAP sales and promotional product sales.
• Schedule and follow up with all the support mutually agreed upon with each account.
• Coordinate with the Country Sales Manager to determine and use all the resources applicable to support the dealer.
• Present the product line to all regular, year-round dealers in the territory individually.
• Prepare order proposal to all accounts, lead and advice the partner to a maximum long-term mutual success.
• Collect and prepare and enter preseason orders.
• Write orders within the accounts credit guidelines.
• Meet preseason deadlines and sales goals for the territory.
• Engage in ASAP and discontinued merchandise/special make-up sales pushes as required.
• Develop and maintain a prospective dealer list and open new accounts as approved by the Country Manager to meet territory distribution needs and company marketing objectives.
• Develop and maintain a clinic plan for the territory. Clinic accounts, including key accounts on a regular basis to train employees in technical aspects of Patagonia products.
• Regular sales support at strategic or key accounts.
• Responsible for doing clinics at all of the Company’s retail stores in the given territory.
• Utilize resources and information from the Company’s Visual Merchandising Group and Country Manager to work on in store merchandising plans and improvement.
• Work on promoting environmental programs and promotions with dealers.
• Work with Country Sales Manager on an as needed basis to help support other dealer events and programs within the Company’s wholesale distribution network.
• Work on promoting environmental programs with dealers and implement one environmental promotion with an account annually.
• Write weekly / monthly reports to communicate dealer issues, sales, competitive information, and product information to the company.
• Communicate regularly by phone and email with Country Sales Manager to provide information on specific issues, sales, product information, and general economic and business issues.
• Return dealer and company colleagues calls within 24 hours and dealer inquiries within 48 hours.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Passion for and active in Patagonia supported sports
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Sales or related field experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a sales representative or buyer in sports industry.
• Language skills: Fluent in English and native in Swedish.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
• Must be highly organized, flexible, self-motivated and energetic individual.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet) and general skills to learn new systems.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.